Free Firewood Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You folks that need firewood are doing something wrong I made a deal with a tree trimmer and I get about 15 ton a day 5 days a week weather permitting. I have about 200 tons stocked up for the year 2012 season I you have tree trimmers that don't have means to move the big stuff you can make a killing sometimes they pay you to move it. I gave 2 dump truck loads away do to run out of room. I have not had to start my chain saw in months. So I would look in to that way to get fire wood. Later
This is a great idea. EXCEPT, all the tree services in the PNW are set up for all the wood moving they do. They all want $180+/chord for UNSEASONED rounds, mixed.

Hence why I posted here.

I had three tree service but had to give up two do to I run out of room the other two call me couple times a week and offer to pay. We have those big out fits here also They come out of St Louis Mo. And high dollar people. I done a job for a lady for 400.00 dollars she told the people that stop befor me wanted 2940.00 for the job I was back home in 4 hours and me and my grand daughter eat lunch to and don't say I'm cheap. I own all of my tools and I am retired and I make a comfortable live fooling with fire wood later

Lots of wood, free for the taking. The problem is that the wood is down and needs to be cut. I have one big poplar, a decent size cedar, and a mix of locust, sassafras, sumac, and some others. Most is in a good location for cutting, but getting it out would have to be a couple hundred feet by wheelbarrow or four wheeler...no truck will fit back where the wood is. Drop me an email if you would like more information.

You need to get all you can this summer be cause your fly by night venders will be out in full force. they put us full timers on a limb by selling a S12 or Ranger with a 4 or 6 bed as a rank of fire. I got called on my size I went home got my rack came back put the load in the rack when I got it full I had some leftover and the guy said you been cheating your self and I said you getting a good deal is all

Will pay for good hardwood logs dumped

Looking for a company that will dump hardwood logs at house that I can cut up and split. Will pay a reasonable fee (Maryland/Montgomery County area) email [email protected]

Info

Just a quick reminder... I'm sure you all know this...
If you are in the Great Lakes area bordered by Michigan make sure the wood you accept is NOT Ash from within the Michigan, Ohio or Indiana EAB quarentines. First and foremost firewood is the main vector for movement by the larvae and with 35 million dead trees here this little devil is NOT something you want in your area. Secondly the fines for moving wood outside the area have increased dramatically.
Go to Craigslist I P/U about a 100 to 150 ton year free there. So you might try there e ery body not knowing about this.

Info

I am a full time firewood dealer and I can't believe this about people can't find free firewood I just drive around and see it lay beside the road in peoples yard after a storm I work from daylight till dark getting free firewood I go get the logs and limbs in the morning and saw and split all after noon. I always end up with 5 to 6 ton on my dump truck and couple ton on my trailer. I had to give 2 truck loads away I run out of storage space. But as I said I am full time and people call me I am there I guess that makes a difference. Later

I'm about 25 miles east of Cincinnati. I've always got my eye open for free firewood or logs! I've had a tree service dump here before. Thought I'd see if there's anything out there! Thanks! Z

New member here. I saw this thread and thought I'd post. I live in Middleboro, MA which is about 30 mins south of Boston. I'm looking for some free hardwood. It doesn't matter if it's cut. Let me know if you're in the area and have some you want to get rid of. -Chris

new to this site, pretty awesome, thanks for all the info. not sure how this works, but i'd love to trade labor for firewood, concord/pittsfield area NH. we just moved here and are trying to get set for winter. oh and i'm still looking for a real job....
corey

I guess I wasn't clear enough! I'm interested in any free firewood or logs on the East side of Cincinnati. Z cell 383 2742 Thanks!

Info

In southern Illinois Bufford Bros in McClure Il will propel sell you a semi load every day for 275 check or 240 cash. Later

Central PA.... Firewood wanted

I live in the real central PA (not harrisburg)... I have a truck and am willing to come get just about any wood.... no pine. Doesn't matter if it is standing, on the ground, cut to length.... whatever. It's all good.

PM me if you have anything you want to get rid of.

Thank you.

Free Firewood (Muhlenberg)

Free Firewood

Free Firewood (Muhlenberg)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-07-11, 6:26PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently cut down maple tree. You chop it you take it. Call 484-335-8531

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2489178383

free firewood

I have approx one cord (maybe more) of split mixed hardwoods free for pickup ASAP.
thanks

I am looking for free firewood, prefer mixed hardwoods, and have a truck, trailer, saws, splitter, and time. Ozaukee, Washington, Sheboygan County area.

Hello again.Figured I'd get another post on here.Still looking for anyone in NE lower Michigan thats looking to get rid of some free wood.I have a truck,trailer,saw,and ability to cut it/load it myself.And I'm not picky,will take whatever is out there.....pine,aspen,oak,cherry,boxelder........you get the picture,if it's free and I can burn it,I'll take it.Got 10 cord of aspen,and another 5 cord oak cut myself.So if ya have any to get rid of,please shoot me a call at 989-820-7494.Thanks....................and please,don't spam my phone with a bunch of craigscrap

Back