Front Lawn Logging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Sometimes it's much better to call a loggerist as opposed to an arborist, especially as timber begins to get scarce in urban areas.
You never know, there just might be some veneer.
Front lawn logging, also known as 'stealth logging' can be very lucritive to the loggerist who knows the ways of marketing roundwood, as opposed to the arborist who'd just as soon make 'summerwood' out of every tree.
Summerwood: summer this long, summer that long.:)
John
DSC_0723.jpg

DSC_0724.jpg

Gypo Logger said:
Sometimes it's much better to call a loggerist as opposed to an arborist, especially as timber begins to get scarce in urban areas.

DSC_0724.jpg

Loggerist....so that's what you call yourself now! Hahahahahahaha!

Oh well, that's better than calling yourself a TreeApe!:blob2: :blob2:

Gypo Logger said:

DSC_0724.jpg

Dennis Cahoon said:

Ya, who was it that coined the term 'loggerist'? I think it'sa funny, was it Butch or was it Kenny? Maybe Ekka. But that was in the days when we all got along.
John

That Kubota is one exclusive felling bar I must say ,,,

nice pics as always

So how's the winch on the back of that thing holding up? What size tree's have you pulled with it and the tractor? Looks like you could have just used it to pull over the tree, but that requires two people ;)

Here's our tractor and winch that we use for logging. We're no professional outfit (just me and my father), but we get done what needs to be gotten done, right :laugh:

Here's a pic of just the winch ;)

It's a Farmi JL501 "I think, if I remeber correctly" rated at 11,000 lbs capacity... We should have gotten the next bigger size :laugh: I noticed yours apears to be a different brand, are you liking it well? I really wish our tractor had a loader, so we could keep the front end on the ground when we're pulling in the big ones...

This is the biggest tree we have cut so far. It's only 58 inches across at the two widest places and at the base only "wish it were that big all the way". The saw is my C9 with gear drive with bar measuring in at 32/33 inches from bumper spikes or "dogs"...

Loggerist

Isn't that Urban Logging? As in Ur ban logging out der in da porch yard agin der Gypo? huh? yea!!

RandyMac said:
I've had good luck logging people's yards. This was a Sierra Nevada Sugar Pine, just under 55" in dia. When the wind blew, it was lifting up this side of the house, cracking the chimney. The local tree service wanted $1200.00
(1986) to remove it. I did it for $250.00, and the tree as payment. It was a minor pain, power lines, water lines, and a pump house. I got about $900.00 for the logs, and two cords of firewood.

Randy, more old pics! More old pics!! Keep 'em coming.

Jeff

Where are all the treehuggers that hangout here??? A tree has been murdered, for greed, oh my God, some one say something. Randy, or anyone else, what is that undercut in the middle pic.? Looks funny to me, like where is the holding wood, maybe I just cant see it.

clearance said:
Where are all the treehuggers that hangout here??? A tree has been murdered, for greed, oh my God, some one say something. Randy, or anyone else, what is that undercut in the middle pic.? Looks funny to me, like where is the holding wood, maybe I just cant see it.

AAHHHHH. Admit it clearance you are a fiber puller.

Fred

clearance said:
Randy, or anyone else, what is that undercut in the middle pic.? Looks funny to me, like where is the holding wood, maybe I just cant see it.

For real? I'd not expect to hear this from you, but I'll bite.

clearance, the holding wood is still there at the hinge. You've not cut a face like that before? I've seen it used alot here. It lengthens, or as it's vertical, heightens your holding wood. It's not so much that it keeps the tree on the holding wood longer like in a more open face, it's that it can allow your hinge to flex more and bend rather than break, keeping the tree on the stump and aimed for a longer time, possibly all the way to the ground. Get your holding wood too thick, and you can start getting fiber pull, just like with any face cut.

Alot of times you'll see it when it shows up on accident when your horizontal and diagonal cuts don't match up, and you have to knock the face out!

Yeah....that's never happened to me! :laugh:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back