Fuel Mixture for Pioneer P42

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that, thanks. I was wondering if there is a big difference between the P41 and the P42, like I have.

Anyone know the difference?

I noticed a Pioneer/Partner P42 on the same site that uses a 40:1 ratio, while the P41 you mentioned uses 24:1.

I tried the 40:1 today, but I think I will go for the 24:1, unless someone can tell me definitely what the ratio should be...

Thanks,

RB

Thanks. Do you have the manual for a P42?

Is it the same as a P41?

Why are the oils so different?

What is a scrench?

RB

Go with 32:1 thats the ratio I use in my Pioneers. You'll be right in between then.

The P42 and 41 are almost the same saw except have diffrent ignition systems, airfilters. I assume that the late model P42's P42HP has different porting also. Alot of parts will interchange between them even some from the P40, the oldest in the series.

I'm not sure where to find a manual. Like an owners manual? You can get chain saw service manuals that should cover it.

Scrench is a wrench with a flatblade screwdriver with a socket for sparkplug and bar nuts on the other end.

I agree with Pioneer. I have several Pioneer saws and I now run 32 to 1 in all of them and it works great. From what I've been told and read on this site, you can't go wrong with that mix.

Latest posts

Back