Fuel or Gas for the saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i decided today to go to 87 octane,, i have been using 93 from shell but for some reason it went through my mind and remembered what has been said on AS how long gas could be stored in the tanks,, around here there is very few people that runs 93 in their vehicles so to me in my mind the 93 octane gas has been in the tanks for a long time,, i know from the automotive field that fresher gas is a lot better so why not for 2 strokers,, from what i have read on here there won't be much difference in performance of the saws,, heck i only run maybe 2 gallons a year through my saws any way,, i guess i will find out soon how it works out

Just a brief update.

Like one member posted, yes the saws needed a bit of tuning to run with the different gas. BUT, in 95°F temps, the problems that I was having before didn't show.

Plus the 100LL smells a LOT better than pump gas! :biggrinbounce2:

Had another derecho plow thru here yesterday morning and there's another 20+ trees down. The local airport lost 8 hangers and the planes that were inside were trashed too.

I cut thru some 24"-30" Oaks to flop the rootballs back in the holes today and my nephew used the Echo to trim down the tops. We cut for a few hours before the storm yesterday, but couldn't get back there after the storm passed. At least one tree was down blocking the road getting to the place and the top was hung up in the power lines. I was going to cut it out of the way until I saw the power lines. We turned around and went home.

Had another derecho plow thru here yesterday morning and there's another 20+ trees down.
Weather radio just blipped with a warning of 70+ MPH winds and severe thunderstorms in this and the next county. Evidently driving rains and severe winds are the only relief from 100F heat around here......

Re. the fuel issue, 'round here the rural stations label their premium gaso as "Recreational gas" or "Small engine gas"; usu. it's the only grade with no corn squeezin's. Alas, in the urban areas, it's nigh impossible to get no-ethanol gasoline. This might help: Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

Latest posts

Back