fuel tank vent leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skindaddy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i have a husq 460, what would make the fuel tank vent leak or go bad?
if you turn saw on side when not running it leaks significantly, i took cover of and if you flip saw over you can watch it drip,drip,drip.

should not be fuel,
not sure if oring is causing it its tight , but hold saw above head and watch gas drip ,drip from the fuel vent tank thingy

the vent? thats what i was plan on doing but wasnt sure if somethng was causing it to fail, i mean what could really make it fail, and i think i even replaced it 2years ago thinking that was the problem for something else going on awhile back.

thanks

If there is fine sawdust in your tank the particles will prevent the vent from sealing. You should be able to condition the vent to work again by flushing it if that's the problem.
Ethanol in fuel can eat vent rubber too.

If there is fine sawdust in your tank the particles will prevent the vent from sealing. You should be able to condition the vent to work again by flushing it if that's the problem.
Ethanol in fuel can eat vent rubber too.
I have this problem on a cs 8000 and am wondering do I have to remove the vent tube and clean it too and if so how do I do that

Back