Full wrap handle bars for Stihl 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aklaunch

Reaction score
Howdy,

Just picked up an 044 Stihl and noticed it did not have full wrap bars. I am an X logger and have never held a saw that did not have a full wrap bar except for a tiny limbing saw i used to bring up the tree with me while climbing/rigging a tree.

Google turned up multiple options.

1) Chinese $40 or so
2) OEM $135
3) Webercustoms $142
4) Pro Safety $170

At this point the Webercustoms are in the lead. It is dang close though.... The OEM's look nice.
I try not to buy China when i can with intent to support the economy here at home.
Pro Safety is just way more expensive.

I have never found the OEM bars lacking though. I am also surprised that there is such thing as high dollar aftermarket bars when OEM bars still exist.

What are your thoughts?

Howdy,

Just picked up an 044 Stihl and noticed it did not have full wrap bars. I am an X logger and have never held a saw that did not have a full wrap bar except for a tiny limbing saw i used to bring up the tree with me while climbing/rigging a tree.

Google turned up multiple options.

1) Chinese $40 or so
2) OEM $135
3) Webercustoms $142
4) Pro Safety $170

At this point the Webercustoms are in the lead. It is dang close though.... The OEM's look nice.
I try not to buy China when i can with intent to support the economy here at home.
Pro Safety is just way more expensive.

I have never found the OEM bars lacking though. I am also surprised that there is such thing as high dollar aftermarket bars when OEM bars still exist.

What are your thoughts?
Check eBay for used bars/saws. The bars are compatible across several saw models, new and old.
May even go with a parts saw with the bar your looking far that has other usable spare parts as well.

The Pro Safety bars are the best IMO. Do some calling around, I know they can be had for cheaper then $170...

Pro safety is just over my budget, no response from Weber Customs. OEM 3/4 wrap bars are on the way from Stihl.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back