Funny Husky Story

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl Alive

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I walk into this tractor store. They sell Husky and I begin browsing. never get asked if I need help by anyone. I fiddled with a few things and finally approached the guy at the counter. I asked him if he could price me a top handled saw. he had no clue. I aksed if he had a catalog I could show him in. He said no, you have to download them on the computer. We dont' carry them. I walked to the corner and grabbed said catalog. I flipped to the page (330T I think?) and asked him to please price the saw. He immediately left for lunch. 10 minutes went by. His replacement walked in and sat down. I started all over just for fun. Right when we got to the part where he tells me Husky has never made a saw with the handle on top the owner of the business walks in.

He gave me a hardy hello as I took off my jacket. Unveiling my uniform for my third job, commercial and MDU network wiring. I made sure we stood in front of the main desk while I told the owner how I planned to wire his office and mount his wireless access points inside and out so he could be on his business network at his ranch house 1 mile away.

By this time the first lackie had returned and both were very flustered and worried that I was going to tell their boss, with whom I now obviously have a serious business relationship, that they were not willing to even lift a finger to make a sale. And even lied to a new customer just so they would not have to do any research.

Could have just as easily been a Stihl or Jred dealer, just coincidence. This is mainly a tractor place, but they did have a large saw and accessory display.

I just grabbed my tools and started running network cable over the ceiling and never said anything.

what would you guys have done?

I think you did the right thing; no need in stirring the pot if not needed.

F-them. Times are tough right now. If they don't want their job that bad, their boss should know. I would kill for full time with insurance. Too lazy to do your job? I'm sure someone else would be glad to.

It is really stupid to have bad attitude at work right now. The sales/parts clerk should at least act like he's interested in the customer. No sales means the owner might have to cut expenses (employees).

F-them. Times are tough right now. If they don't want their job that bad, their boss should know. I would kill for full time with insurance. Too lazy to do your job? I'm sure someone else would be glad to.

Yep. Right now with the amount of companies laying off and people out of jobs, I am working twice as hard and sucking up to the boss men so when the time comes to layoff I'm a step ahead of the slackers. Of all times, now is the most important to let your employer know you are serious and diligent about what you do.....or you'll be gone the first time Obama says the word depression.

If I were the owner I DAMN sure would want to know what the mice were doing while the cat was away!!

If I found out you had been treated that way and didn't point it out to me, OUR business relationship would probably suffer. JMHO

Mike

It is really stupid to have bad attitude at work right now. The sales/parts clerk should at least act like he's interested in the customer. No sales means the owner might have to cut expenses (employees).

My perspective was that I'll bust :censored: and make sure the boss knows if I don't get a raise I'll find a better job that pays more. I've gone through alot of jobs in the last 5 years and not because I'm lazy, although right now it's too rough out there to be doing that. The next decent job I get I'll probably stick it out until the economy gets better.

I'd drop him a hint while setting up the antenna at his house. "Ya know, I pretended to try to order a saw from a couple of the bozos in your store, and neither one of them even pretended to be interested in taking my money. You might want to pay more attention to what's going on in there."

I'd drop him a hint while setting up the antenna at his house. "Ya know, I pretended to try to order a saw from a couple of the bozos in your store, and neither one of them even pretended to be interested in taking my money. You might want to pay more attention to what's going on in there."
I would do the same but make sure by asking a few questions about his business that they are not relatives working there.

I walk into this tractor store. They sell Husky and I begin browsing. never get asked if I need help by anyone. I fiddled with a few things and finally approached the guy at the counter. I asked him if he could price me a top handled saw. he had no clue. I aksed if he had a catalog I could show him in. He said no, you have to download them on the computer. We dont' carry them. I walked to the corner and grabbed said catalog. I flipped to the page (330T I think?) and asked him to please price the saw. He immediately left for lunch. 10 minutes went by. His replacement walked in and sat down. I started all over just for fun. Right when we got to the part where he tells me Husky has never made a saw with the handle on top the owner of the business walks in.

He gave me a hardy hello as I took off my jacket. Unveiling my uniform for my third job, commercial and MDU network wiring. I made sure we stood in front of the main desk while I told the owner how I planned to wire his office and mount his wireless access points inside and out so he could be on his business network at his ranch house 1 mile away.

By this time the first lackie had returned and both were very flustered and worried that I was going to tell their boss, with whom I now obviously have a serious business relationship, that they were not willing to even lift a finger to make a sale. And even lied to a new customer just so they would not have to do any research.

Could have just as easily been a Stihl or Jred dealer, just coincidence. This is mainly a tractor place, but they did have a large saw and accessory display.

I just grabbed my tools and started running network cable over the ceiling and never said anything.

what would you guys have done?

No such dealerships around here, except Stihl ones - but there are good ones as well.....

Back