Future Arborist?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich_h

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
On Saturday I had the opportunity to do one of my favorite things: spend the day with someone who is interested in learning to climb trees and about arboriculture as a whole.

After a quick overview of the equipment, knots, and tons of other stuff we decided to get him in the tree as quick as possible. Now that he sees how fun it can be I am sure he will be happier to spend the countless hours it will take to master the ins and outs of our field from knots, to tree id, to proper pruning and professional attitude.

Ron did a great job, he listened well, had great questions, and was more than happy to pull himself up the tree the hard way. (he also got the chance to fly up the tree with an anchor bridge so that he could see where could end up eventually). All in all it was a terrific day and nothing but fun for all involved. I look forward to watching Ron progress into a future arborist. Well done Ron.

The following are some pics fromt he day.

Great pictures Rich! Thanks so much for teaching me the basics. I look forward to learning everything I can. I woke up at nine this morning and I was sore in places I never knew could be sore. I must say it was an absolute blast...but one hell of a workout. I now respect each and every one of you arborists that much more. Thanks again Rich:D

Thanks diltree, that's one of my favorite quotes. I've been reading the tree climber's companion and I must say, there is a lot of useful info in there. Great book if your serious about climbing. Can't wait till the next time I can get up in the trees:blob2:

tons of other stuff

Don't throw that phrase around. That means heavy stuff. a ton is two thousand pounds. I get guys all the time that say, "I've hauled tons of firewood. I look at them and say, "that's not very much."

Cool pics! I took my friend out climbing this weekend we only went up to about 20' but thats still along way. We did spurless on this big Ash tree and we did Spur climbing on this little 15' bit of rather solid dead wood. She took to it like a duck to water and was really good a climbing with gaffs.

Back