future of 372-390 and 395xp????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless the saw vibrated less than a 372, weighed less than a 372, and cut like a 395, I could care less about new saws. I don't think that will happen until advanced technology gives better cooling fuel injected saws. Even then I doubt they can get the weight down below what they already have achieved.

Yeah, the 372xp is the 1:msp_wink:

Obviously a prime candidate for modifications, since it has an excellently suited stock top end, and has a lot to gain from opening it up on both ends. :msp_biggrin:

The "final" replacement may perform better stock, but I really doubt it will if both are modified to "maximum" for a "woods" saw - time will tell.....

Obviously a prime candidate for modifications, since it has an excellently suited stock top end, and has a lot to gain from opening it up on both ends. :msp_biggrin:

The "final" replacement may perform better stock, but I really doubt it will if both are modified to "maximum" for a "woods" saw - time will tell.....

That is what scares me. In 25 years I am going to be that guy that has an antique 372 and all the cool guys point and laugh. Don't think I am joking either. I have a stockpile of (5) running 372 frames with different jug configurations and (2) 365 frames I can convert. Based on a 5 year running cycle, with out rebuilds, I am good for 35 years. In 35 years I will have attained the age of 71.

That is what scares me. In 25 years I am going to be that guy that has an antique 372 and all the cool guys point and laugh. Don't think I am joking either. I have a stockpile of (5) running 372 frames with different jug configurations and (2) 365 frames I can convert. Based on a 5 year running cycle, with out rebuilds, I am good for 35 years. In 35 years I will have attained the age of 71.

at least were not alone :rock:

I would have been happy about that, not scared. That doesn't keep me from being curious about the replacement though (I guess it is final this time). However, I understand it will inherit the only real fault from the 372xp - the inboard clutch....

Good Morning Troll . I guess I'll have to live with my 272 and 371 untill I can't lift them up anymore
:chainsawguy:

T...In 25 years I am going to be that guy that has an antique 372 and all the cool guys point and laugh. Don't think I am joking either. I have a stockpile of (5) running 372 frames with different jug configurations and (2) 365 frames I can convert. ...

Well, it says something that if I walk into the local Husky shop looking for a 70cc saw, they'll sell me a 372. Parts available everywhere and repair techs know them backwards and forwards.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back