FYI parachute cord works as starter rope

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttamoneypit

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
my stihl 023 that i got from ebay for $50 cmae with a really short starter rope so yesterday I played with it and the old rope I had was parachute cord--the green stuff I think its called 550 para cord well now I have a normal leangth starter rope

I think this 023 was modded or something for a little saw this thing screams

I used an old boot lace one time in an emergency. Then I got a new one later from my stihl dealer for $1.00.

The only downside was I was cutting wood with an unlaced boot :)

I used an old boot lace one time in an emergency. Then I got a new one later from my stihl dealer for $1.00.

The only downside was I was cutting wood with an unlaced boot :)

Same here,36" braided boot lace.Field repair on a Homelite XL,still working fine after several years. It shows no sign of giving up yet.

Used many roles of that stuff in the field when i was in the Army,strong as H_ _ L. We used to get the older type take the centre stings out and make key chain type things that were pretty intricate,i still have one i made that is square in design i will try and locate it for a pic. Smart move to tink of that as a starter rope.

Latest posts

Back