Gasoline Primer Container, what do you use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plastic bottles that used to hold contacts (eyes) cleaing solution. have a screw on cover cap, then a tiny hole in the tip. Tip pries out, or just squeeze and suck up premix from a small pan to fill it. If the hole is too small (say to use for lube oil) heat a needle or wire in a match flame and melt out the hole a bit. NOT the one with premix gasoline in it of course :), or at least post video if you do....

Yep, I've posted this idea several time on here. My current bottle is about 6 years old. The plastic that makes the hinge bw the top and the bottle broke off so I made another one out of fence wire. I guesss when I loose this one or it finally cracks and falls apart, I will have to find someone at work that wears contacts. I got this one from my wife and she has had Lasix and no longer wears contacts.

I use a small syringe a teaspoon is enough to get then running, it's also useful if I overfill the oil tank :msp_blushing:

bottles

these are handy for all kinds of stuff.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Industrial users of WD-40 get pump-spray bottles and refill them from large cans or even barrells. They seem to have better plastic that isn't affected by gas and oil mix. We use 'em at work, and the tool crib sells 'em to employees for about a dollar.

Actually, you can just use WD-40 to prime if its warm in your shop. The smoke is particularly delightful in a closed shop during winter.

Industrial users of WD-40 get pump-spray bottles and refill them from large cans or even barrells. They seem to have better plastic that isn't affected by gas and oil mix. We use 'em at work, and the tool crib sells 'em to employees for about a dollar.

Actually, you can just use WD-40 to prime if its warm in your shop. The smoke is particularly delightful in a closed shop during winter.

Really,... wd ?

I use the good stuff, STARTING FLUID !!! in it's own spray can!!!!!:laugh:
I don't know if you actually using ether (diethyl ether, or starting fluid) or just kidding about it, but I just tore down a saw that had a scored piston and cylinder that the owner was trying to start with ether. The bottom end, piston and cylinder were all as dry as a bone, whatever lubricant that was in there was completely washed away. Starting fluid has no lubricant in it, in fact many of the ingredients in it are used as solvents. If he had gotten it started on that stuff it probably would have burned up the bottom end too.

Wd-40 used to work well until they removed the propane and replaced it with Co2.
BTW, I use mix in a ketchup bottle, works good.

After reading this I remembered that I just bought a gallon of CRC penatrent and lube so I read the lable and it says flamable so i sprayed some in a carb and away she went, Works good I will have to try wd as well.

Latest posts

Back