GB Bars?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe they come in 32" only, but could be wrong.....

I think they come in 28, 32 and 36. I only run the 32, and find them little whippy for my tasted as they are very flexible. The reduced weight aspect is really great as the weight removed is right where you don't want it. Plus they are pretty pricey.

Last edited:
I think they come in 28, 32 and 36. I only run the 32, and find them little whippy for my tasted as they are very flexible. The reduced weight aspect is really great as the weight removed is right where you don't want it. Plus they are pretty pricey.

B-Turner

Yes there flimsy!

But it's sort of strange, I have no idea how to describe it , other then it's no big deal. It did not take me long to get use to it, and the chain don't care.

I just have one GB so far, I would not hesitate running more GB's, but have a feeling that the one I'm running will be with me for a while, they ware well,,,,, as good as an "ES" I don't know, but a very close "par".

B-Turner

Yes there flimsy!

But it's sort of strange, I have no idea how to describe it , other then it's no big deal. It did not take me long to get use to it, and the chain don't care.

I don't mind them when I am doing typical crosscutting, but I do alot of blocking and cutting wood at different angles to the grain. On pieces where I am starting the cut on very uneven surfaces (in the process of being cut up) the flexibility of the bar can make it a little more challenging to get a really straight cut started. Especially with a 36 inch bar, so for this I sometimes grab one of my canon bars which is very stiff and accurate (but heavy).

But for felling or bucking the reduced weight is nice on the ol back and works well enough.

ultra

attachment.php

Here are a couple of mine ..

Where'd or who'd you get um' from ultra? They are PURTYYYY!!!!:rock: :)

compared to carlton pro-champ?

So, does anyone know if those nice orange GB bars are identical to the carlton pro champs which are titanium and made by GB? (the ones bailey's has)

In my area GB TN bars are like Dolmar saws. Great product but not easily accessible. Fortunately, they can be found and it is worth the additional effort to do so.

yup!

Three rivit ..

Yup! 3 rivit just like stihl. I looked at amick's and couldn't find info on their GB bars. Could somebody give me info on where I can find the ORANGE bars at? I've been on GB's site and couldn't find the orange bars just white.:confused: :help:

Back