gb pro top titanium 28" for ms360 pro?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will it run it in a pinch? Yes.

Will you be happy with how fast it cuts? No, expecially in hardwood.

Will you're saw like it? Not much!!

Will it shorten the life of you're saw? More than likely!

Basicly short term use once in a while, it will be fine. If you need and want to run it a lot, get a bigger saw and save both you and you're saw a lot of work!!
Andy

well?

maybe try for a 24 or 25 instead then? I have a 20" windsor speed tip on it right now which just isn't big enough for some of the firewood I'm cutting. Is the gb a good bar? I'm wondering what would be a good choice if the 28" will just cause my problems. (I figured it might be too big)

03wrxaddict said:
maybe try for a 24 or 25 instead then? I have a 20" windsor speed tip on it right now which just isn't big enough for some of the firewood I'm cutting. Is the gb a good bar? I'm wondering what would be a good choice if the 28" will just cause my problems. (I figured it might be too big)

GB TI is a great bar, second only to Stihl ES IMHO (except Cannon, which nobody can afford:hmm3grin2orange: ) If you are ctuuing firewood, and find you are needing a longer bar all the time, I would really encourage you to look far a larger saw!!!
The 361 will pull a 25" pretty happily.
Now when you say it's not big enough, not big enough to cut through from both sides or just one? A 20" bar will take a 40" tree, and that is some big firewood!!!!
Andy

Andy, he's in Washington. Everyone runs a 3 foot bar on evrything out there.

It is mostly softwood. a 24 should be fine. 28 might be a tad much, but we don't have that big of softwood here

Freakingstang said:
Andy, he's in Washington. Everyone runs a 3 foot bar on evrything out there.

It is mostly softwood. a 24 should be fine. 28 might be a tad much, but we don't have that big of softwood here

LOL!!! Where is FHCW when you need him? OK, OK, a 28" with full skip?
Andy

lol!!

Yah I was going to say I'm really not running into any hardwoods, it's all cedar, pine, and such. I work heavy equipment and anything not long enough for the mill when we clear a lot is fair game so I usually get some pretty big stuff. I'll look for a 25" bar then. Really appreciate the advice. It's a lot of money to spend if your saw won't pull it.

hmmmmmm???

saw a 64" bar on ebay, maybe give that a try :deadhorse: no that would definetly be overkill. That gives me hope in the 360 pro working fine with the 28" if it's all soft wood I'm cutting. Just keep the trusty 20" for a backup for smaller wood. Any other opinions on the subject?

Back