G'day from a new member..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paz

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
well,,,,have been lurking in the shadows for a while,,so i thought it was time i better speak up..as you can see from my signature,,,its all about yellow machines,,,have been collecting them for a while,,,but only really back into it recently..grew up in the "aussie bush",,and have been around saws all my life(father is an old sleeper cutter)....
what i want to know is,,,the 740 and 895 i have has the old mcculloch carb on it with the primer pump,,and we all know they stuff up and you cant get spare parts,,what carb can i substitute it for,,,could even be swayed to putting a carb on it off a go cart and doing some other mods as well,,these 2 saws will never be used for general cutting,,and im keen to have a play with them(ala hotsaw :p )..
another thing i would like to know is,,,how do you know what size/design exhaust pipe to run/build for a hotsaw,,have seen a lot of different pipes on different saws,,,is it a trial and error thing or is there a formula etc you can use to work it out...tell me what you think...

Last edited:
Welcome aboard young fella it's good to see a little more Aussie blood here even if it runs yellow instead of Red, us old Mc Men die hard ya know.

As regards the 740 and 895 leave them as they are, as for the hot saw grab a Mc 91b/1 Kart engine and go from there they have plenty of grunt, i know as i run one of these as a hotsaw with a hot 101 as backup if needed.

Have a look at my web site and you will get to see the mob.

Give me a yell if i can be of more assistance.

Mc Bob.

thanks for the welcome bob,where in nsw are you located???actually already had a real good look at your site,,is what got me thinking with the 740 and 895..these two saws i cant get running at the moment,,and i put it down to carb probs with both,,primer pump etc is buggered...so am looking at bolting something else on to get them going,,,no use havin a saw thats just a static display ;) ....

Well,Paz, i'm up at sunny Weston just near Cessnock in the Hunter Valley.

If your not to far away call in i have put the billy on already now just be quick or the arse will boil right out of it.

Well thats where your old monsters are at static display don't butcher them as i could be interested in a little wheeling and dealing ??

Give me a call on 02 49 362093 when ya ready and we'll talk Mc's.

Mc Bob.

thanks dean,,now theres nothing wrong with a good saw tart ;) .....
im afraid by the time i get there bob the billy would be well and truly dry...am at dubbo(dont hold it against me,,hehe)..will try and give ya a call tonight or early next week..

Latest posts

Back