G'Day from Cockatoo Australia!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2 Stroke Pete

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to the site and absolutely obsessed (in a healthy way :surprised3:) about chiansaws and wood cutting in general. Hoping to meet some like minded people and made some good friends in this amazing forum. I hale from a little place called Cockatoo, and have 2 stroke running in my veins. Not a pro by any means, however been tinkering around for many years. Look forward bouncing ideas and learning from the masses of knowledge here! Speak soon!

Hey 2SP!
Truth be told, once you've joined Arboristsite, there is no hope left for you. You already have bar oil flowing in your veins, you drink 2-stroke mix for juice, and are showing the first signs of an incurable disease called CAD, otherwise known as Chainsaw Addiction Disorder. You will pretty soon end up with a signature followed by a seemingly unending list of chainsaws (many of which are duplicated, because you have a soft spot for that model).
Anyway, welcome on board! The best way to start a conversation here with other CAD sufferers is:
"Hi, I'm 2 Stroke Pete."
Then you will hear:
"Hi, Pete!" and you will see the blank stares of the CAD-afflicted zombies!

Mike

Hi guys, and thank you for the warm welcome, it is great to be here! Definitely a Stihl man through and through, Brad you were close, 461 and 261-CM. Garden Tractor is a Husky, good little beast, however wish that Stihl made them! It's strange, I kinda feel like I am cheating on Stihl by having a Husky. Love both saws, the 261-CM surprises me each time, the 461 just roars and roars. Sometimes I wish it was a 661.

I'm surprised at the number of chainsaw fans we have Down Under! The Facebook Group that @NewToStihl and I run is full of Aussies (it's a Stihl Contra/070/090 group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/555947141452381/) - almost as many Aussies as Americans.

BTW, Pete -- you need to get yourself one of these tractors. Some of the members from the U.S. will recognize it and the place where it resides.
IMG_1583.JPG

Hello all,

I am new to the site and absolutely obsessed (in a healthy way :surprised3:) about chiansaws and wood cutting in general. Hoping to meet some like minded people and made some good friends in this amazing forum. I hale from a little place called Cockatoo, and have 2 stroke running in my veins. Not a pro by any means, however been tinkering around for many years. Look forward bouncing ideas and learning from the masses of knowledge here! Speak soon!

Welcome 2 Stroke Pete,
Dont forget to drop into the all aussie thread for more bs and bravado :)

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/the-all-aussie-dribble-thread.175005/page-2036

My bet is by the time Christmas rolls around, you willl have a shed full of saws, just because, and and ear full because of CAD hehe.

T

Latest posts

Back