Genius's woodpile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Genius.

A few of you wanted to see my pile. A few things to take note of.

1: Notice the tarps, or lack there-of. My wood tends to burn just fine without them.

2: notice the different size pieces. Yes, you can cut wood without a mingo marker, and the wood tends to burn just fine.

3: Nope, I don't label my wood, (my wife does though)

6yvyreze.jpg

usyze5yj.jpg

gy9ygy2e.jpg

eha3y8em.jpg

Someone wanted these plastic skids gone a month or so back and they asked if I could use them.

These things are the cats ass, no more rotten skids

He'll yeah those are the stout plastic skids too. Grabbed 6 from a friends business and told him I want them all!

How does your wife label your wood? Magnifying glass and 6 font labels?

1: Notice the tarps, or lack there-of. My wood tends to burn just fine without them.

2: notice the different size pieces. Yes, you can cut wood without a mingo marker, and the wood tends to burn just fine.

I am so glad you posted this. I no longer consider myself a wood reject for not measuring each stick and tarping only what I will use in the next couple weeks. You have restored my self worth!

He'll yeah those are the stout plastic skids too. Grabbed 6 from a friends business and told him I want them all!

How does your wife label your wood? Magnifying glass and 6 font labels?

Those skids make a hell of a pallet fire too

A few of you wanted to see my pile. A few things to take note of.

3: Nope, I don't label my wood, (my wife does though)

6yvyreze.jpg

usyze5yj.jpg

gy9ygy2e.jpg

If you are not going to tarp, you should have your bark on top.

eha3y8em.jpg

Someone wanted these plastic skids gone a month or so back and they asked if I could use them.

These things are the cats ass, no more rotten skids

Nice saw. Is it ported? if so by who and how much difference did it make.

Split it with a Fiskars? That's a whole 'nother controversy there !!

Heck no, this is firewood, why spend more effort than it already is to fetch wood?

Hydraulic splitter all the way. I can't wait til my kids are old enough to start to earn their keep

Back