Gettin' two Sugar Maples on the ground in close quarters.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Randy, Nice work. I have pair of 30" DBH oaks next to the road that need to not hit my garage If you want some more practice! :)

Yeah looks something like this.

Ohhhh, the trees? Yeah I can get some pics of that too. :)

Haven't been over "here" for a while, couldn't remember if this is the place to post a video.
Says "Add you tree videos here!", so here go's..... :popcorn:

I enjoyed that video. I think if you do tree work, especially climbing there's always a nervous moment every now and again. I believe that's why we do it. Riding that fine line makes one feel alive.

My heart always stops a few seconds when taking the top out as soon as it comes loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elite baby!! Elite, I wish everyone could get that feeling. People might chill out and not get so upiddy. Cuttin right through the b.s. of life. the few seconds before the toping and when it begins to fall, so pure.

I love watching videos like this. I seem to learn something everytime I watch one. I've done very little limb walking, when you walked out on the one limb and were breaking the pieces off so easily... I was nervous for you.

I love watching videos like this. I seem to learn something everytime I watch one. I've done very little limb walking, when you walked out on the one limb and were breaking the pieces off so easily... I was nervous for you.
The main limb was strong, solid, and healthy, the pieces I broke off were just dead wood. I don't get a chance to do a whole lot of limb walking, but I do "practice" a bit in my back yard.
I was also nervous walking out because my tie in point wasn't "ideal", almost directly to my right side with less than a 45* angle. I would've liked it more "overhead"..... :rolleyes:

Here's a take down I did just last month.....

Latest posts

Back