getting someone to eye splice my Blue Moon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plasmech

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Now that I am using a hitch climber, I'd like to clean up my setup even more by putting tight eye slices on the ends of my Blue Moon 11.7mm climb line. Unfortunately, Sherrill and the boys won't do the job as the lady told me it would be too much of a liability since I have already used the rope, in fact I did not buy it from them.

Does anybody know where I could send it to have it eye spliced?

Hey troll just man up and buy a new rope spliced on both ends. Shipping is going to kill you anyway shipping both way. Besides......Nick is going to face the same liability problems that Sherrill faces plus from what I understand splicers don't like to work with used rope.

Maybe you could call around a few other places and take up some more people's time.:)

It does kind of worry me that my underwear is on your mind. I guess you've got that in common with 'The Dan' LOL!

nan nan a boo boo.

What kind of rope do you use TreeCo? You might be a real douche-bag but I do respect your arborist opinions fully. :cheers:

Hey troll just man up and buy a new rope spliced on both ends. Shipping is going to kill you anyway shipping both way. Besides......Nick is going to face the same liability problems that Sherrill faces plus from what I understand splicers don't like to work with used rope.

Maybe you could call around a few other places and take up some more people's time.:)

It does kind of worry me that my underwear is on your mind. I guess you've got that in common with 'The Dan' LOL!

Well like I said, his constant COMPLETELY unprovoked and uncalled-for attacks on me are quite annoying, but I do happen to know that he knows his tree stuff.

Hey Plas-
Tree work is tough job for tough guys. You want to waltz into this world and become a climber/arborist but aren't willing to make any of the sacrafices. Every question you have asked would have been answered in the first month of working for a tree service. Either put in the work to become an arborist or get use to some trash talk now and then. Best of luck in 2010. -holden wood

Well like I said, his constant COMPLETELY unprovoked and uncalled-for attacks on me are quite annoying, but I do happen to know that he knows his tree stuff.

I think you have been upgraded in his opinion then.

That only sounded like a barely sarcastic comment. It certainly wasn't a full-blown attack.:)

Hey Plas-
Tree work is tough job for tough guys. You want to waltz into this world and become a climber/arborist but aren't willing to make any of the sacrafices. Every question you have asked would have been answered in the first month of working for a tree service. Either put in the work to become an arborist or get use to some trash talk now and then. Best of luck in 2010. -holden wood

I would have worked for a tree service except for the fact that I have another job, a job that's paying for all my gear. And then some.

I would have worked for a tree service except for the fact that I have another job, a job that's paying for all my gear. And then some.

hell the first thing you would have learned working for a tree service is that working like that is the very LAST thing you would want to.
Then you would have learned their cockamamey ways and would think that is the way to do it.
Then you would have learned that nobody really gives a rats ass if they have to hire mexicans and your 15 dollar an hour job ain't worht spit.
Then you would have learned that the only guy making any money would be the guy whose name is on the truck... Joe or Jim or something like that I think.
Then you would have learned that any kind of real beniefits ( health, 401, etc) are never going be part of the equation.
Then you would have learned that the only thing you are doing is hanging from some old ass rope they gave you risking your life for all that listed above.
That is what you would have learned in the first month.

Yea in one day of working with you I learn more than I would if I was surrounded by 1,000 mexicans with helmet hoodies and chain saws.

And that lot clearing job and other jobs I've done by myself was my trial by fire. That was some serious work.

hell the first thing you would have learned working for a tree service is that working like that is the very LAST thing you would want to.
Then you would have learned their cockamamey ways and would think that is the way to do it.
Then you would have learned that nobody really gives a rats ass if they have to hire mexicans and your 15 dollar an hour job ain't worht spit.
Then you would have learned that the only guy making any money would be the guy whose name is on the truck... Joe or Jim or something like that I think.
Then you would have learned that any kind of real beniefits ( health, 401, etc) are never going be part of the equation.
Then you would have learned that the only thing you are doing is hanging from some old ass rope they gave you risking your life for all that listed above.

:cheers:

Hey don't forget where he learned how to do a face plant in the mud as a large piece of rolling tree catches the two of you!

Treeco is a friend of mine. He resembles Frankenstein.

Now only one of those statements is true, guess which one.

Treeco is a friend of mine. He resembles Frankenstein.

Now only one of those statements is true, guess which one.

Well I am not sure of either.

Dont know what TreeCo looks like or if you have any friends.

Rural tree work is a different story. I work in Seattle and after a hard first year made $25.00an hr. I had no experience just the desire to work extremely hard and learn. All my gear is up date and in good working condition. My coworkers are skilled and certified. I can't relate at all with your statment.
Plas's posts seems more focused on attaining gear then knowledge. It just my opinion but I don't think you should learn to climb via the internet and weekends with your buddy.

Latest posts

Back