Getting the Best from the Best!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drsamm

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just wanted to take a minute to compliment a fellow member here and an honest business man. I have ordered a few Stihl OEM items from Definitive Dave off of Ebay over the last couple of years and always had 5 star experiences. He has always sent the correct parts very quickly at a fair price - the majority of the time, lower than others. The AMERICAN way - right? Anyway, my last order was for some relatively hard to find (around my area) genuine Tillotson carb kits. As usual, he got 2 of them out to me right away and then the glorious post office proceeded to lose them. Well, I had my saw scattered all over the bench and wasn't happy to see this. After 2 different inquiries in person and a lengthy online process, they are still lost in space - it's been almost a month now since Dave sent them. When I let him know, he immediately and without question, sent 2 others to replace the missing ones and I got them normally in just a few days. So I'm whole again on the deal and he's losing out. I know we aren't talking about hundreds of dollars here but he didn't HAVE to do anything. It is good to deal with honest people who shoot straight and are willing to take a loss to satisfy their customers! If the other order ever does show up, which is quite doubtful, I'll pay him for those too. Bottom line: If you need the real deal parts at a fair price and want to know you are dealing with a guy with vast knowledge and solid integrity - DAVE is your man!!

Just wanted to take a minute to compliment a fellow member here and an honest business man. I have ordered a few Stihl OEM items from Definitive Dave off of Ebay over the last couple of years and always had 5 star experiences. He has always sent the correct parts very quickly at a fair price - the majority of the time, lower than others. The AMERICAN way - right? Anyway, my last order was for some relatively hard to find (around my area) genuine Tillotson carb kits. As usual, he got 2 of them out to me right away and then the glorious post office proceeded to lose them. Well, I had my saw scattered all over the bench and wasn't happy to see this. After 2 different inquiries in person and a lengthy online process, they are still lost in space - it's been almost a month now since Dave sent them. When I let him know, he immediately and without question, sent 2 others to replace the missing ones and I got them normally in just a few days. So I'm whole again on the deal and he's losing out. I know we aren't talking about hundreds of dollars here but he didn't HAVE to do anything. It is good to deal with honest people who shoot straight and are willing to take a loss to satisfy their customers! If the other order ever does show up, which is quite doubtful, I'll pay him for those too. Bottom line: If you need the real deal parts at a fair price and want to know you are dealing with a guy with vast knowledge and solid integrity - DAVE is your man!!
Yes he knows his parts and is a good guy.

Yep, I'm sure the post office will use this latest scam as an excuse for years to come. They are quite effectively doing so now. As for FedEx...they really used to be first rate - in my opinion. When UPS started going off the reservation with their ridiculous prices, FedEx was a good choice. NOT anymore. They have lost and/or mangled up 3 or 4 different shipments for me in the last year. I will NEVER willingly use them again. I suppose getting raped by UPS is somewhat better than never seeing your stuff anyway - or half of it - or 1 piece out of 6 - or whatever. With UPS, at least you pretty much know going in what you are getting...you'll surely get raped on the price, but you are more likely to get your stuff in good shape.

+1 on Dave being better than the best. I buy all my carb kits from him. And OP, don't be surprised if a dirty envelope shows up in a month or two. Happened to me a couple weeks ago with something I ordered in Feb.

Never thought about signing for small things like the carb kits. I suppose it could apply to most anything, but I seldom buy anything expensive enough to think I'd need to sign for it. It's peculiar that the post office has actually done pretty good in the last couple of years with the small stuff, it's just been lately that they turned clownish with it. Here's a great example - other than the one from Dave: I actually have a small Ebay order now that, according to tracking, was sent from Highland, Illinois on the 18th, went thru St. Louis on the 19th, thru Nashville and Atlanta the same day (19th) and showed "in transit, arriving on time" on the 20th (from Atlanta - I'm just a little North of Atlanta) This morning, it shows being processed and exiting from FT. MYERS, FLA....(!) Fort Myers is 618 miles South of me, so I guess, in their minds, it is somewhere in the line of coming from Illinois to Georgia...you can't make this stuff up. Obviously the virus scam at work again...

Never thought about signing for small things like the carb kits. I suppose it could apply to most anything, but I seldom buy anything expensive enough to think I'd need to sign for it. It's peculiar that the post office has actually done pretty good in the last couple of years with the small stuff, it's just been lately that they turned clownish with it. Here's a great example - other than the one from Dave: I actually have a small Ebay order now that, according to tracking, was sent from Highland, Illinois on the 18th, went thru St. Louis on the 19th, thru Nashville and Atlanta the same day (19th) and showed "in transit, arriving on time" on the 20th (from Atlanta - I'm just a little North of Atlanta) This morning, it shows being processed and exiting from FT. MYERS, FLA....(!) Fort Myers is 618 miles South of me, so I guess, in their minds, it is somewhere in the line of coming from Illinois to Georgia...you can't make this stuff up. Obviously the virus scam at work again...
I wasn't suggesting everyone pay for a signature on everything, I don't, I was just saying it would end the he said/she said. I have heard about certain locales having issues with each of the major carriers. The USPS incoming and outgoing has been horrible in Hillsdale where I'm living. An hour away in Dowling where I sometimes stay it has been perfect. Things down at home go through Detroit, up here it's Grand Rapids. That's the only explanation I have. If I need it on time I send it up here. FedEx has been great both ways in both places. I haven't used UPS enough to judge.

Back