Going For The Gold, STIHL.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsaw-57

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How many of you have gone for the Gold Level Training offered by Stihl?

I will be going to Virginia Beach on Monday for three days of training. I am a little nervous about attending this school. My collection numbers in the hundreds, with several Stihls included, and over 300 have been restored to cutting condition. I have been officially working at a Stihl Dealer for only one year. My concern is the lack of experience with the newer products.

Does anybody have any suggestions on do's or don'ts or am I being concerned about nothing?

So many saws, so little time. Thanks,Larry

Well Larry,I'd say that anyone that can get those old,cantakerous Mall's to run,won't have any problems.Just my opinion. ;)

I have never taken the class at Va Beach but I have toured the factory and it was Amazing!! Working on the newer stuff not that much different from the older models, except be careful with heat and flame. Old magnesium saws handle it better than plastic. ;) Good luck.

P.S. The cafeteria at the plant was pretty amazing also.

Stihl Factory Tours

Somebody mentioned taking a tour of the Stihl Factory in a thread, does anyone know if the tours are open to the public, or just dealers? If so is there a place via the web I can go to get more info. I looked at the Stihl USA web site but could not find anything.

Depends on what kind of stuff you deal in.... I have never been to any factory
school that taught me much, most were their own brand's pep rallys, but I am a
troublemaker, so my opinion is quite worthless....

Fish said:
Depends on what kind of stuff you deal in.... I have never been to any factory
school that taught me much, most were their own brand's pep rallys, but I am a
troublemaker, so my opinion is quite worthless....

I think this is a dealer/employed course, but I could be wrong.
If not do not bother, I am on Fish's line when it comes to commercial education.
With a sound mind and fairly open views you can grasp a lot on your own.
The Jonny meetings they have 1-2 times a year is kind of great, since you get to know stuff about the separate model, new numbers, tricks, etc.

bjwotaski said:
Somebody mentioned taking a tour of the Stihl Factory in a thread, does anyone know if the tours are open to the public, or just dealers? If so is there a place via the web I can go to get more info. I looked at the Stihl USA web site but could not find anything.

The tours are not open to the public, only dealers and special groups. I went with a conference sponsored by Mid - Atlantic horticulture group. Received the info from Mid - Atlantic ISA chapter.

Latest posts

Back