Gonna get a mini

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattfr12

The Bulldog
Reaction score
Sold one of my skid loaders due to it not leaving the garage since the kbooms started coming. Nothing really to use them for anymore. So i was thinking about picking up a mini and didn't wanna put a huge investment into one 10k-15k or so would be fine since i am only thinking we will be using it to clean up stumps and some light wood moving. Where are you guys picking decent used ones up from i was sort of leaning toward the dingo since it was diesel and seemed to have a decent lifting capacity. thoughts please i know nothing about minis have never even ran one but they seem like it could help out.

Ditch witch has a special on the sk650 right now. Brand new out the door 19.5k with a bucket. They have a 32 hp kubota and the highest specs of all the mini's. Bought mine about a month ago and couldnt be happier with it. We rented mini's before we bought and DW blows the dingo away.

Ditch witch has a special on the sk650 right now. Brand new out the door 19.5k with a bucket. They have a 32 hp kubota and the highest specs of all the mini's. Bought mine about a month ago and couldnt be happier with it. We rented mini's before we bought and DW blows the dingo away.

doesnt sound like a bad deal ill check it out.

I bought a Bobcat MT55 about 6 years ago and love it. It has a grapple bucket which allows me to grapple logs and brush as well as clean up stumps with one attachment. It has wide 10" tracks which allow me to carry heavy loads across soft lawns with little or no impact. 7" tracks can't do this. It has a cool hinged standing platform that keeps you from catapulting over the machine when you pick up a little too much and the machine tips forward.
I know nothing about the Dingo. I do know that when I buy another mini (and it may be soon) it will be a Bobcat MT55. It is a workforce in itself. A tree service without one is foolish.
Gerasimek

Jesus as much as I plug ramrod on this site youd think those bastards would send me a hat or sumpin , but I bought one and use it daily love it and the best part is its cheap to own and maintain

I have an older Thomas 25G and man is it handy.

Looking for a used Vermeer s600tx. They go for around 10-15k used from what I've seen in machinery trader and such.

I got a chance to use one this summer and loved it. Faster, more powerful than my mini.

Hope to have one before next year. And yes, it will be the diesel version. :msp_thumbup:

The grapple bucket on my SK650 works OK at clamping the end of a log to load them endways into a dump trailer; ie. the log sticks straight out front, so you can manouever through tight spots. (downside is that the weight of the bucket is over 350 lb). Bucket is slao good for backdragging gravel driveways to make a jobsite look pristine afterwards. A rotating grapple is something I'll be taking a closer look at at Expo.

I didn't bother bringing the mini to a multiple dead elm removal today, and came home so wiped out that I conked out at 8 pm. (Started job thinking it would take two days, but forecast calls for rain tomorrow, so we slugged to get er done) The mini is a game changer for sure.

yes rotating grapple!!! the bucket with grapple seems like it is more of a pain then a help. the rotating grapple is also 100x better for feeding a chipper

The branch managment grapple doesnt rotate on the mini skid loader model. To me, that pretty much makes it about as effective as a much less priced root grapple.

Got me a cid root grapple for the dingo i just picked up. works great.

The branch managment grapple doesnt rotate on the mini skid loader model. To me, that pretty much makes it about as effective as a much less priced root grapple.

Got me a cid root grapple for the dingo i just picked up. works great.

it doesn't have a hydo rotate but if you know how to work the machine you can pivot stuff pretty good with the root grapple you cant really drag brush your limited to the max width of your opening out of the yard... with the branch manager you can grab a pile of stuff 20' long and drag it behind you.

having used both styles I prefer the branch manager style vs root grapple

I agree that the branch manager would be alot nicer, but alot more expensive. I think i read on bm website that the mini grapples dont rotate hydralicaly or manual either. Dont look like you could make them either.

I have a BMG and they do rotate. The top two minis are vermeer and DW and if you look at the specs they are pretty much the same. The one thing that was important to me was the height it could lift so I could load logs in the dump trailer, vermeer and DW are the best.

You're minis want to grow up to be my asv rc-50 with turf tracks... BELIEVE ME!

Thats a nice machine, but I will keep my Cat 236 with mcclaren rubber over the tire tracks. Might someday get the loggerman (i think) tracks units for it. I seen a used set for $4000 the other day. Some think those tracks are better then the stock tracks on most machines.

You're minis want to grow up to be my asv rc-50 with turf tracks... BELIEVE ME!

We have a t300 left but rarely use it the kbooms don't eff up the yards and have way way more power it will lift a t300 up. We are selling an s205 bobcat just don't use it. It has less than 500 hours I bought it new in 2008. If any of your guys want it I have it on Craigslist for 22,000 it has the platinum package cab, heat air and so on, if you guys want more info let me know. I have it priced to move I Need the garage space bad. Doesn't have a scratch on it never used to dig. I might have had the bucket on it twice. Will sell it with the grinder for 24,000.

Thats a nice machine, but I will keep my Cat 236 with mcclaren rubber over the tire tracks. Might someday get the loggerman (i think) tracks units for it. I seen a used set for $4000 the other day. Some think those tracks are better then the stock tracks on most machines.

Mclaren are awesome tracks I doubt logering are any better.

Back