Gonna get a new big saw this week!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't plan on getting this new saw ported until summer as I will need it to cut firewood. Something about the 390xp just doesn't interest me

I like the 660 with a longer bar but have not run one of the equal size Huskies to compare it with. What "other" saws do you have? Commonality of bar mounts maybe should be a factor. Buy used, buy one of each, and sell what you don't like.

I have a 395, and ran a 660 for a few years. They are both excellent powerful and smooth saws. I prefer huskies, but the 660 is just an awesome saw. And if i were to buy one brand new off the shelf, i really would go fkn crazy trying to pick which one............

(dont tell my 395 i said this)

I noticed the 660 is smaller than the 395 in bulkiness

It is smaller by a little. I like them both and have a 660 and 9010 right now in the 90cc class. The 660 handles better than a 395 by a little bit.

I can make you a very happy 390xp or 395xp owner. my prices are so low im not allowed to post them. call me or pm me for details ;)
you would post that knowing I am broke right now nd also I am wanting a 395 reeeaaallll bad,,, I hate you,,, you tn homo midget:):):)

The 395 is a bit heavier and not as nimble as the 390 and 660, but has noticeably more torque stock to stock. All 3 are great saws and you would be happy with any of them.

The 2188 seems a little torquier and the 390 makes more RPMs. Remember, the 2188 is bored over and running a thin ring 2100 piston. It has the same displacement as a 395. There's only 1mm difference in the bore between a 390 and a 395.

Latest posts

Back