Good deal for Husky 350?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been offered a Husky 350 (Lowes buy), brand new never used, for $325. Is this a good deal? Would this 350 be the same 350 I'd get from a Husky dealer? From what I've read, they sell for $339, so I would only be saving a few bucks....would it be worth my while to just go to a dealer?

I'm still deciding between the 350, Stihl 290, or Dolmar 5100. I know, I know...the Dolmar between those 3 and a 361 if I can afford it.

I have been offered a Husky 350 (Lowes buy), brand new never used, for $325. Is this a good deal? Would this 350 be the same 350 I'd get from a Husky dealer? From what I've read, they sell for $339, so I would only be saving a few bucks....would it be worth my while to just go to a dealer?

I'm still deciding between the 350, Stihl 290, or Dolmar 5100. I know, I know...the Dolmar between those 3 and a 361 if I can afford it.

That's not much of a deal on a saw that was certainly never set up properly by Lowes. And you will not have any warranty coverage. When was the saw purchased? By who? Got an original receipt? Products sold by Lowes are almost NEVER registered for warranty.

If the guy knocked another $50 off, it would be a decent deal. But to only save $14 isn't near enough.

Between those tree, the 5100S is a no-brainer.....:)

Those saws aren't really comparable at all.

Last edited:
I guess I am the 350 "fan boy", I think they are great saws!

But for the question posed, no, it's not that good of a deal, and yes, for $14 go to the dealer!

I guess I am the 350 "fan boy", I think they are great saws!

But for the question posed, no, it's not that good of a deal, and yes, for $14 go to the dealer!
Nothing wrong with the 350, Probably the best "homeowner" saw ever made, but it has a "plastic" case and a whole lot of less power than the 5100S.

Also lighter than the 5100 by a pound, and about 3 lbs lighter than the 290.

Apples and bananas and onions really are compared here, but the 290 is the looser by a long shot - just forget it!

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the 350, Probably the best "homeowner" saw ever made, but it has a "plastic" case and a whole lot of less power than the 5100S.

Also lighter than the 5100 by a pound, and about 3 lbs lighter than the 290.

Apples and bananas and onions really are compared here, but the 290 is the looser by a long shot - just forget it!

Care to explain why the 290 outsells them both combined,hehe

The 290 bash approach is getting as old as the 361 jibber jabber. Both are good saws for intended markets, and all the arguing is old and pointless.

The 290 bash approach is getting as old as the 361 jibber jabber. Both are good saws for intended markets, and all the arguing is old and pointless.

Awwwwww Bowtie 290 bashing from Troll is no biggie, we're use to it, nobody buys it anymore. Saying the 350 is probably the best home owner saw ever made is a new one though. I've seen too many fall apart to believe that non-sense..

Compared to the 5100 the 290 is useless, the 5100 has it beat in every way possible.

Now the 350 only has the 290 beat in weight and smoothness. 290 has more power and is pretty durable.

Compared to the 5100 the 290 is useless, the 5100 has it beat in every way possible.

Now the 350 only has the 290 beat in weight and smoothness. 290 has more power and is pretty durable.

Hey Huskyman you wanna run your 5100 againist my 290 saw for saw and say oh a friendly bet of oh 500.00, I'm game,hehehe

The 350 is by far the worst saw of the three mentioned, I see them dayumm things in here all the time with problems on top of problems.

Awwwwww Bowtie 290 bashing from Troll is no biggie, we're use to it, nobody buys it anymore. Saying the 350 is probably the best home owner saw ever made is a new one though. I've seen too many fall apart to believe that non-sense..

I've been pushing the 350 for a long time!! Dolar for dollar, I think it's the best buy out there!!!

Do you know why they fall apart Tom? Joe homeowner goes to Lowes and buys one from the clueless sales rep, has no ide how to care for or maintain it and beats the piss out of it. Then they come to you complaining about how it's a big POS!!!
Trust me, it's a solid saw, I haven' been able to kill one yet, that should speak volumes!!!

Hey Huskyman you wanna run your 5100 againist my 290 saw for saw and say oh a friendly bet of oh 500.00, I'm game,hehehe

The 350 is by far the worst saw of the three mentioned, I see them dayumm things in here all the time with problems on top of problems.

HEH HEH, I'll take that bet Tom, my 350 against you're 290. I'll even cover shipping both ways to you, new chains on both saws.

Latest posts

Back