Good deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splittah

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My neighbor called me the other day and asked if I would be interested in some power tools he wanted to get rid of cheap as he is fixing to sell his house and move.

He tells me he had a brand new heavy duty milwaukee powersaw, never been used at all, in the case for $60 and then he said he had a Husqvarna chainsaw he would let go cheaply as he would not need it anymore..

I went over and he had this:

55Rancher001.jpg

55Rancher002.jpg

55Rancher004.jpg

So I asked him how much for the chainsaw and he says...

How about $50.. :jawdrop:

I took out $110 and went home the owner of 2 new saws..

I told him if he thinks of anything else to let me know and I would be right over.. :hmm3grin2orange:

Lucky day!

I cleaned it up today, and she started right up on the third pull. Runs like a champ. It just so happens I have a recent blowdown on my property that I think will make a good tryout for this new toy. While it is not my 361, it seems to be a really nice mid-size saw.

Come-on Saturday!

Last edited:
These were issued to flyers completing 3 dozen bomb missions over Europe in WWII.

Switch out the Mighty Eight's insignia, replace it with a pic of your saw, and there ya go.

Lucky%20Bastards.jpg

My neighbor called me the other day and asked if I would be interested in some power tools he wanted to get rid of cheap as he is fixing to sell his house and move.

He tells me he had a brand new heavy duty milwalkee powersaw, never been used at all, in the case for $60 and then he said he had a Husqvarna chainsaw he would let go cheaply as he would not need it anymore..

I went over and he had this:

55Rancher001.jpg

55Rancher002.jpg

55Rancher004.jpg

So I asked him how much for the chainsaw and he says...

How about $50.. :jawdrop:

I took out $110 and went home the owner of 2 new saws..

I told him if he thinks of anything else to let me know and I would be right over.. :hmm3grin2orange:

Lucky day!

I cleaned it up today, and she started right up on the third pull. Runs like a champ. It just so happens I have a recent blowdown on my property that I think will make a good tryout for this new toy. While it is not my 361, it seems to be a really nice mid-size saw.

Come-on Saturday!

if you feel the least bit guilty, drop off a twelver for him.

:givebeer:

I would take that for alone for $110 before I would buy a 455 rancher for $110. But then again I bet you could guess I am not a husky fan.

Any bigger dogs for the 55 rancher?

Thanks for all the comments boys.

I am pretty happy to have fallen into a real deal like that, I have read many, many stories like that here and I finally got my lucky day. I felt like I had hit the lottery for sure.

Does anyone know if there is a bigger set of dogs that will fit the 55 rancher so I can replace the stock ones?:givebeer:

also, now that I have 1 STIHL, 2 homelites, 1 mac, and now a Husqvarna, does this mean I officially have a certifiable case of CAD? LOL
:greenchainsaw:

also, now that I have 1 STIHL, 2 homelites, 1 mac, and now a Husqvarna, does this mean I officially have a certifiable case of CAD? LOL

Most likely, but it doesn't become terminal until you add a J-Red and a Dolmar!

Most likely, but it doesn't become terminal until you add a J-Red and a Dolmar!

J-red and a Dolmar huh? I will have to keep my eyes open for those, don't see many Dolmars around here.

Latest posts

Back