Good guy has bad accident, and needs your help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The post office is only a couple hundred yards away, so we are making our own trips. :clap:

How 'bout this: One of the local loggers asked about donating a picker load of wood. Guess that would have to be a separate raffle, huh? UPS'ing 10 cords of firewood could be somewhat costly.:cheers:

Log of the Month club. :greenchainsaw:

Paypal sent - 2 tickets.

Please pass on my prayers to the family.

Good job for a fellow man.

Thanks,

Pete

The post office is only a couple hundred yards away, so we are making our own trips. :clap:

How 'bout this: One of the local loggers asked about donating a picker load of wood. Guess that would have to be a separate raffle, huh? UPS'ing 10 cords of firewood could be somewhat costly.:cheers:

Not to butt in, but if the guy who got burned could use firewood, perhaps they could just donate it directly to him. Just a thought. Hope my snail mail got there. J R

I'm in for 2 tickets. Check is in the mail.
Sending up a prayer for him right now.

By the way

Time to confess my ignorance again, what is a "picker" of wood. Term that I have never heard. Is it really 10 cords, and is that logs, or is is cut firewood?
Thanks. JR

Updated 9/16 11:00PM

Here are a list of names that donated through paypal. If you donated up to tonight (9/16) by 11:00PM Eastern time on paypal and are not on the list I do not have your donation.

Names in bold I have little or no shipping information. So if you could email me your address to
attachment.php
so I can update my list.
There are a few others on the list that do not want to win anything but just donated.

The paypal total is up to $1,977.57!

There have been 56 donations!

Average donation has been $35.31!

The largest single donation so far is $250!!!

There have been donations from the US, Canada, Australia, and Belgium!

pbuehning
metalspec
William Bickers
rsscully
yukiginger
Lazermule
--------------------
KMB
E-Mckinney
B Turner
7oaks
walexa07
J-Mesthene
B-Morgan
grandpatractor
Mike Cantolina
Vangellis
sierraazul
JohnL
West Texas
Madrone
scootr
yotehowler
Crashagn
Dennis Peacock
Belgian
2000SSM6
pallis
husky455rancher
Longwood
joatmon
Haywire Haywood
VI sawguy
radarme
heimannm
blsnelling
jkebxjunke
porky616
Jake
woodchop
teacherman
b1rdman
Mitymouse
EdRitchey
lectrocrew
NILZLOFGREN
Adkpk
Tzed250
Steve128
blackoak
Gatkeper1
ms310
Junkyard Jim
KsWoodsman
Stipes
D-Brents
Also have a member that didn't want to reveal his name

Time to confess my ignorance again, what is a "picker" of wood. Term that I have never heard. Is it really 10 cords, and is that logs, or is is cut firewood?
Thanks. JR

I don't know for sure but I'll give that one a shot. Around here, "picker" is a slang term for a self-loader log truck. So I took that to assume he would donate a load of logs, though I don't know what length would equate to 10 cord.

OK, yesterdays mail had another 7 envelopes, kind of wrapping up the first batch of entries/donations. So, my snail mail total is 37 totaling $770. Somewhat dwarfed by the paypal total, so THANKS AGAIN Steve and Scott.

Here's what we have so far:

9-15-08
Custom8726
Ultra
Super3
Joatmon
16:1mix
JRA1100
Stipes
Heimann
countryboy
larrythecableguy
cavesaw
pablo26
leeha
taplinhill
tomdcoker
excess650
pbtree
edritchey
edgeandengine
darren.nh
toddstreeservice
jwalker
wsjchester
secureland
raybenson
excess650 (again!)
iowawoodcutter
husky362
johncinco
computeruser (For $100!!!)

9-16-08
dieseldawg
oldfarmerbuck (I think)
teamtree
wolverinemarine
lmalterna
joe379
pallis

After I hit the mailbox today I'll post another update.

I should also take this opportunity to thank Darin for allowing us to do this here on the site. After this got going, and especially after it got way bigger than I expected, I was wondering if it was even OK to be doing this. (I probably should have asked ahead of time). Thanks Darin!!

with the checks already reported,a nd more on the way, the total is over $2800, so BACK to the TOP! This is a worthy cause, so give generously!

....now where's my beer:monkey:

not too shabby... i know it will probably only make a dent.. more like a blip in the total medical bill... but hey its a start...

and excess650... here ya go:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back