Good guy has bad accident, and needs your help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1
This has been a great event to be a part of. If this type of goodwill towards our fellow man was practiced more often in our world, it would certainly be a better place.Congrats to the prize winners and hats off to all who helped the man in need!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said!!

Omg!!!!

I cant believe it!!!!!! I have never won anything decent in my life...I about passed out when I seen my name on....Dang...I was so tired after working all night and went out and cut a few down this morning,went to bed this affternoon,and got on here tonight...I turned 46 years old today..What a wonderfull Birthday present!!!!
I hope you should know,,,this was a good cause for someone in need,,and everyone should be damn proud!!!! I learned alot from here,,and most of all the people on here is GREAT!!!!
I seen how much money was raised,and from our little corner of the world,,that was mind blowing...It dont turn the burn pain away,,but hope it gives him and his family at least a peace of mind with the bills,,and to show there are stil some good people left in this world......

:clap: :cheers: Thats for you all!!!!!

I cant believe it!!!!!! I have never won anything decent in my life...I about passed out when I seen my name on....Dang...I was so tired after working all night and went out and cut a few down this morning,went to bed this affternoon,and got on here tonight...I turned 46 years old today..What a wonderfull Birthday present!!!!
I hope you should know,,,this was a good cause for someone in need,,and everyone should be damn proud!!!! I learned alot from here,,and most of all the people on here is GREAT!!!!
I seen how much money was raised,and from our little corner of the world,,that was mind blowing...It dont turn the burn pain away,,but hope it gives him and his family at least a peace of mind with the bills,,and to show there are stil some good people left in this world......

:clap: :cheers: Thats for you all!!!!!

Congrats Stipes!

Your kindness has been returned to you!

Happy Birthday!

:cheers:

He stopped in yesterday and the recovery is going pretty good. He doesn't really look all that bad because his face only has a couple of marks on it. But then he lifted up his shirt and WHOA did he get burned. His discription of his attempt to put it out and then pull his shirt over his head while it was still burning was something I'll never forget. And his "treatment" was also mighty interesting to say the least.

He spent some time looking over the list of all you guys that helped and where you are all from and it really blew his mind. I think the idea that so many people from all over the world would take part in this made much more of an impression on him than any amount of money ever could.

Thanks for the update. It's wonderful that he's doing well. As long as he has friends like you he'll be okay. Thanks for doing this.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations to all the winners.:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

Happy birthday STIPES.
:cheers:

Exactly!

This thread has had a little magic in it from the get go, so it's only right that somebody wins something on their birthday. Happy birthday Stipes!

This has been a real good experience for me. The spirit that everyone took hold of to make this happen was pretty moving.

I will be PM'ing the winners to get shipping info for the saws. Scott and Steve were unable to make it down as their shop was too busy, so they will be shipping the Dolmars. One to BloodOnTheIce, and I suppose the other to me since that was won by a local guy, and I'll set it up for him. As much fun as we had, it would have been way better if we could have had all of those old Dolmars here.

Shannon Ryan stopped by for the GTG on Saturday and extends his thanks to all of you. Made quite an impression on him.

Good guy has bad accident and needs your help

I had a few thing to pass along;
I stopped by to see BloodOnTheIce to day at noon to drop off some parts he bought from Spike. I walked in to his Stihl shop and their he was with this BIG SMILE on his face. He tells me that he got his Domar 7900 from Cuttinscott today! Talk about fast shipping! Cuttinscott is the king of shipping, boy that was fast!
I'm going back to see BloodOnTheIce to get a picture of him and his new saw. A very nice looking saw indeed!
I wanted the thank Cuttinscott, 166 ( Steve) and Spike60 for all their time, money efforts in make this event a sucess.

Though I haven't had a chance to cut with it, I see why all of you guys like these 7900's so much.
It feels only marginally heavier than my 361 and feels good in the hands. I have a 24" Oregon bar coming for it tomorrow,
and post more pictures then. It is in even nicer shape than I anticipated, and started right up after about 3 pulls. Here it is sitting in my garage,
it's just itching to cut.
I couldn't be happier with the saw, kudos to all involved.

DSCN0025.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

Though I haven't had a chance to cut with it, I see why all of you guys like these 7900's so much.
It feels only marginally heavier than my 361 and feels good in the hands. I have a 24" Oregon bar coming for it tomorrow,
and post more pictures then. It is in even nicer shape than I anticipated, and started right up after about 3 pulls. Here it is sitting in my garage,

DSCN0025.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

So, I suppose that you'll be adding another brand to your dealership?:hmm3grin2orange: BTW, nice saw, and congtratulations!

DSCN0025.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

Looks almost like new with the new side cover installed! I installed a new style (Screen) hood, fuel filter, and a spring limiter on the handle AV mount. Get the new bar & chain on there and run it. It probably hasn't cut any wood since last fall/winter. Scott bought the saw from a customer needing money and was leaving town.

Steve

Nice saw and congrats!!!

DSCN0025.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

Gonna have to let us know how the 7900 does...I never have seen one except tru pictures,,much less got to run one...Great lookin saw!!!!!

Real winners

As I posted before the real winners of this are the guys who donated saws and spent all the time and effort in getting this set up and going. My hearty congratulations to the prize winners, lucky dogs. This has been a great experience, to see everyone chipping in to help someone who has had a bad accident. Makes me proud to be a member of this site. JR

So true....

As I posted before the real winners of this are the guys who donated saws and spent all the time and effort in getting this set up and going. My hearty congratulations to the prize winners, lucky dogs. This has been a great experience, to see everyone chipping in to help someone who has had a bad accident. Makes me proud to be a member of this site. JR

I was glad,,but kinda embarassed that I won,,,like I said,,was the first time I won anything decent in my life...To the people that donated for all this to happen,,they didnt have to do that,,but they did,,and they can remember what good they did and what it really was for...Like I said before,,I'm so glad I joined this site,,there are so many good people on here,,and the help and advice is worth the weight in gold...I learned alot on here...ALOT about PPE..Never gave it a thought till I got on here..

There is something too that ya might wanna think about..The Gentalman that got burned,,he's gonna remember everyone that pitched in,,and this story of all of you all that tryed to make life alittle less stressful on him and his family,,I bet it will be remembered for years ,,and generations on down....

Thank you all for my Birthday congrats...I wrote Bob and told him this saw will be a keeper,,cause it has a story behind it...I am so glad to have joined a good site with so many good and decent people on it..... Thank you all again... Jesse............

I got to make a few cuts with the 7900 and I LIKE IT ALOT! I've run a few 044/440's and the 7900 would walk all over them.
I'm big guy 5'9" and 260 pounds and with the 24" bar this saw feels nimble and well balanced.
This saw definitely has a permanent place in my wood cutting arsenal, between the 026's, 361 and the 7900 I think I have all my bases covered for my firewood cutting.
I'm a tried but very happy guy.
DSCN0030.jpg

Latest posts

Back