Good guy has bad accident, and needs your help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give him our best wishes

Paypal sent. I had a high pressure steam hose hit me in the calf, took skin right off. Talk about pain, burns are the worst.
Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Tell him he has to log on AS and say hi when he is up to it.

Paypal sent...
Could have been any of us and I for one don't have insurance either.

OMG....this is wild. Been out all day, which might be good because I'd otherwise have been glued to the computer all day long.

Well first thing, the grand prize has gotten a little grander. I was in contact with TST, (the guys who did Bookerdogs 346), and they are going to mod the 372, which I will send out on Monday. They promise that it will be back in time for the GTG. They are throwing in the mod as a donation to make this a little more interesting. If by chance the winner prefers a stock saw, the modded unit will be sold and the extra cost of the mod will be put in the pot. But I will say that I spent the afternoon running my TST 2153, and that thing really kicks. I'll do a little thread on that later, but I wouldn't be passing up the modded saw!

While this has exceeded my wildest dreams, the added scope of what's taking place here will require quite a bit of added attention to detail. The original 200 tickets would of course been very easy to keep tract of. But all of the extra tickets, especially those on paypal will have to be accurately accounted for. This isn't like the average raffle where everybody fills out their own ticket in front of the grocery store.;) With that in mind, we will definitely have to end the online ticket sales on Sept. 30. That's plenty of time, and this should all be settled down by then anyway. That will give us time to sort it all out by Oct. 11. (Local "live in person" sales could continue up until the day of the drawing.) Also, the greatly increased number of tickets, again especially the paypal ones, make it impossible to actually mail a ticket stub to everyone. That will have to be done by PM's, and Steve and Scott are keeping an accurate list of all the paypal entries.

I am a stickler for details, often to the point of annoying people :hmm3grin2orange: , so rest assured that we will take our time with this and nothing will fall through the cracks.

Thanks again to everybody for this insane response. What we are doing here is getting around locally. Couple people started crying. I might before it's over myself. I gotta say, this is a heck of a good feeling.

Last edited:
OMG....this is wild. Been out all day, which might be good because I'd otherwise have been glued to the computer all day long.

Well first thing, the grand prize has gotten a little grander. I was in contact with TST, (the guys who did Bookerdogs 346), and they are going to mod the 372, which I will send out on Monday. They promise that it will be back in time for the GTG. They are throwing in the mod as a donation to make this a little more interesting. If by chance the winner prefers a stock saw, the modded unit will be sold and the extra cost of the mod will be put in the pot. But I will say that I spent the afternoon running my TST 2153, and that thing really kicks. I'll do a little thread on that later, but I wouldn't be passing up the modded saw!

While this has exceeded my wildest dreams, the added scope of what's taking place here will require quite a bit of added attention to detail. The original 200 tickets would of course been very easy to keep tract of. But all of the extra tickets, especially those on paypal will have to be accurately accounted for. This isn't like the average raffle where everybody fills out their own ticket in front of the grocery store.;) With that in mind, we will definitely have to end the online ticket sales on Sept. 30. That's plenty of time, and this should all be settled down by then anyway. That will give us time to sort it all out by Oct. 11. (Local "live in person" sales could continue up until the day of the drawing.) Also, the greatly increased number of tickets, again especially the paypal ones, make it impossible to actually mail a ticket stub to everyone. That will have to be done by PM's, and Steve and Scott are keeping an accurate list of all the paypal entries.

I am a stickler for details, often to the point of annoying people :hmm3grin2orange: , so rest assured that we will take our time with this and nothing will fall through the cracks.

Thanks again to everybody for this insane response. What we are doing here is getting around locally. Couple people started crying. I might before it's over myself. I gotta say, this is a heck of a good feeling.

:yourock: :yourock: :yourock: :yourock:

Spike , Scott , Steve(166) you guys rock!!!!

This thread has become addictive... I have to check it every time I am near the computer just to see the progress. :yourock: :yourock: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Back