good job son.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadthestove

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
When I left for work this morning I told my son to get me in a load of wood when he gets home from school today.We generally use the polaris ranger and just load the bed and back it in garage.
I forgot to tell him where the key was at so he improvised.He loaded the garden cart intending to use his four wheeler and pull it to the house,,his four wheeler has a flat .Keep in mind our driveway is inclined so pushing a wheel barrel is a task,,his solution,, using the garden wagon tied to the pickup.
I arrived home just as this was taking place and smiled about a job well done.

Why didn't he just load up the truck?

because that would be way more wood than they needed. duh.
:dizzy:

OP - thats one special son you got.
220839d1327975312-photo114-jpg

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

How old is your son, by the way?

Cute!! Gott'a give him credit. Better than sitting around and doing nothing like some kids.

Looks a lot drier in your part of Ky than mine. What part of S.E. ky are you in? We use to go riding at Black Mtn. All the time until gas got to high. Kudos to your son, why to show some creativity.

Be proud most kids I know would have used the (I don't know where the key is) as and excuse to stay in and play video games and not get the wood.

Back in my day I would've had to take the canvas wood carrier to the pile and haul the wood by hand.

Uphill, both ways.

And I was gratefull to have the wood carrier.

/get off my lawn
//turning 30 this year, working on my crotchety-ness.

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

How old is your son, by the way?

Son is 16,I,ve tried his entire life to teach him to think for himself.More than once I have watched him make mistakes or leave him to handle something on his own,I hope my efforts pay off.From age 10-11 I have been comfortable knowing he can operate our wood burner without burning house down.

Cheers to you for letting your son learn how to get the job done. Don't know how many dads would smile at their son pulling that contraption. Although that certainly isn't the way I would have done it, it shows a victory at all cost mentality. That's is something I can respect.

Gotta start them young, at age 2 my boy was riding around in the Bobcat with me.

Grapple4-05-08002-1.jpg

At age 3 he was running one:hmm3grin2orange:

excavator011.jpg

Gotta start them young, at age 2 my boy was riding around in the Bobcat with me.

Grapple4-05-08002-1.jpg

At age 3 he was running one:hmm3grin2orange:

excavator011.jpg

Thats so cool. You are a very lucky man gink. When its my turn to have kids i hope they enjoy this stuff as much as i do.

Back