Good mornng

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hello from central Maine where it is a balmy -27. Sorry,... "Morning " I guess it is too early for me cannot spell yet,... feel stupid now. I wish I could edit the title to correct that but I don't know how? Good way to start the new year hua? Jeff

Good Morning Jeff. What kind of wood you got in the stove this morning?

Good Morning Jeff. What kind of wood you got in the stove this morning?
Beach and Yellow birch, I use mainly Beach ,Yellow Birch, and Rock Maple. I use an Old Mill stove our house is smallish about 2200 sq ft two story and It heats the whole place. We have an addition with Radiant floor that is on mainly for the overnight . The house also has an Olsen hot air furnace but it almost does not run. I cut about 5-6 cords every winter and right now next years is all out tree length from last winter. I have not cut any this winter yet.

Mornin' Jeff...Happy New Year!!......Glad I'm here rather than there....+10 down here this morning...was -8 when we got in at 1:00 AM....someone else can have my share of Ice Fish too!! LOL!!! I can find warmer places to drink beer.....
amen, I used to fish a lot but have not in years I have everything anyone would ever want to fish with ...except courage. I have been in my workshop all day till now. I made me a set of rubber snowshoe bindings today my leather ones rotted out. After I finished that I attempted to work on a snow blower for my son. I think it has governor issues, his FIL had it and about destroyed it so we got it back. In the process of him tinkering on it he bent the throttle linkage all to pieces and turned the only 2 screws on the carb linkages in or out? I have never been able to work on stuff with a governor they just befuddle me awful. It will run wide open to the point your afraid it will blow up ! then when you throttle it down it will stall out.

Last edited:
Beach and Yellow birch, I use mainly Beach ,Yellow Birch, and Rock Maple. I use an Old Mill stove our house is smallish about 2200 sq ft two story and It heats the whole place. We have an addition with Radiant floor that is on mainly for the overnight . The house also has an Olsen hot air furnace but it almost does not run. I cut about 5-6 cords every winter and right now next years is all out tree length from last winter. I have not cut any this winter yet.
Sounds like a good program. I am working on a bunch of 2 and 3 year seasoned oak. I got rid of my hot air furnace and put in a propane Rinnai. I never use it though, the stove is always burning.
I live just outside of Freeport but I grew up in Kenduskeag. I remember playing basketball against Hartland. You guys have some of the best Gymnasiums around :eek::)

Ahhhh an LL Bean man, you folks got some summer traffic down there dont ya. Kenduskeag is in the region i work i I go through a little peice of it while traveling on Rt15. We dont usually have much oing on in Kenduskeag but once in a while I cruise through.

Kenduskeag is just north of Bangor about 10 miles. Their only claim to fame is the Kenduskeag Stream Canoe Race. It starts in "downtown" Kenduskeag. Its a pretty big deal as far as canoe races go. Ive never been compelled enough to compete. :)

Kenduskeag is just north of Bangor about 10 miles. Their only claim to fame is the Kenduskeag Stream Canoe Race. It starts in "downtown" Kenduskeag. Its a pretty big deal as far as canoe races go. Ive never been compelled enough to compete. :)[/quote

Yep I've gone up to watch it quite a few times.....have quite a few friends that have done it but I have not either.....everything depends on the timing and amount of snowmelt......can be a little to exiting or not....but fun to watch either way!!

Back