Good Price? Husqvarna 455 Rancher w/20" Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why get rid of the stock bar before it's worn out? It's just a rebadged Oregon laminated bar and will be fine for quite awhile.

Probably a Oregon safety chain so you might be on to something with that, but I never bothered to look at em.

The chains on the last three husky where oregon safety chain. Boy are they soft and dull easy! The laminated oregon bars are just plain cr@p! Just plain junk, I was having to dress the rails after each time I went firewood cutting. The nose sprocket needle bearing where hosed after three trips firewood cutting. I DO NOT lean on the bar while cutting. I just let the weight of the saw do the cutting for me. I keep my chains sharp and make sure that the oiler is working well. The only "good" oregon bar Ive owned in a laser tip hard nose. The bar is a diffrent animal compared to the laminated ones! It weights a ton, but pretty tough and Ive only dressed it once so far. Just light wear on the outer rails. Top part of the rails where fine. :cheers:

The guy said they bought out someone elses stock and are selling them for $349. Full factory warranty, etc...

Here in ABQ,NM going price is about $399.99 at big box stores or at the one and only dealer! They are great saws for price and do well for their intended purpose. If mine was not a gift. I would have got a 346xp instead or a 359. A 455 with a plastic bottom end will last quite a while, but a mag case saw will live much longer.

Back