Good used Chevy 350 short block ( for sale LOL)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ax-man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Any offers for this good used short block for a Chevy truck.

Buyer has to make arrangements for pick-up at our place or pay all shipping and handling.

Seriously though, this is what happened to our chip truck last spring, that hunk of metal on top of the piston is what is left of a valve in the no. 1 cylinder. I thought I would snap a quick pic for those who like to see mangled parts.

The engine rebuilder was calling in cores, the auto parts store was short one, of course it was mine, I had to slap it back together to make into a long block and send it back, that was fun playing with the air gun and not have to be concerned with torquing head bolts and valve settings.

Wonder who will get this one ????

Larry

At least you didn't have to pull the piston and rod out of the pan. What did the head look like?

I've seen a piston from a diesel that swallowed a washer. Bounced around for awhile, then buried itself in the piston. My dad melted a piston in my pickup when he failed to heed what the temp gauge was telling him.

Chris B.

Latest posts

Back