Got a deal yesterday....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJuday

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Went to Crystal Valley Equipment yesterday to pick up my new 30'' bar and chain for the 084AV and while we were there Dad noticed an old 015L sitting on the counter besides the computer. I had noticed it before, but never got any straight answer out of anyone about selling it. Dad asked and the parts guy went to ask the owner and returned with an answer of 25$. He didn't have the cash so I paid for it. The parts guy said he was sure it ran, just needed a new clutch bearing and they couldn't get them anymore.

So last night after we fixed the baler, I decided to see if it would fire, put some fresh 2mix and bar oil and after about 10 pulls it sputtered to life. A quick high/low adjustment and it ran like a raped ape! Sure can tell that the clutch bearing is bad, but it did cut! Glad we kept the other 3 015 parts saws!

Parts guy said it had set in the same spot for three years on the counter. And the paint is awesome! The best 25$ I've spent in a long time. Josh

Nice score!

I haven't found a saw yet that isn't worth $25 (a Stihl that is) :)

Latest posts

Back