Got A Ms260 today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idm1996

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
KVry1Tv
pdqfGu7
xAUa44C
XShUZtl
XNaI5OJ

Hey everyone. I'm new here. I got a Ms 260 today. For 200 bucks. Any idea what mods I should do to it? The only issues with it are muffle is slightly dented and top shroud cover is cracked by decompression switch. I will post pics when I get home.
XNaI5OJ.jpg

KVry1Tv.jpg

XShUZtl.jpg

pdqfGu7.jpg

xAUa44C.jpg

Sounds like a ms260 pro. One of my favorite saws. Does it have an adjustable oiler?

Hey everyone. Im new here. I got a Ms 260 today. For 200 bucks. Any idea what mods I should do to it? The only issues with it are muffle is slightly dented and top shroud cover is cracked by decompression switch. I will post pics when I get home.

sell it to me for $250. I'm looking for a deal like this. I don't care about the defects. I'll even pay for shipping

:) :)

I'm in the process of building one now.

I plan on a full port job, a base gasket delete (squish permitting), timing advance, decomp valve delete, and a muff mod.
why plug the decompression valve. Ur just going to ruin ur flywheel and recoil parts it wont change performance one bit

Could you explain just what a muffler mod does that would make the saw better. The only thing I can figure is like a straight muffler on a diesel truck. Just a better flow of exhaust.

Could you explain just what a muffler mod does that would make the saw better. The only thing I can figure is like a straight muffler on a diesel truck. Just a better flow of exhaust.
Flow is correct , too big is no good either it has to be the right size for the saw. Plenty of guys on here know the sizes.

Hey everyone. Im new here. I got a Ms 260 today. For 200 bucks. Any idea what mods I should do to it? The only issues with it are muffle is slightly dented and top shroud cover is cracked by decompression switch. I will post pics when I get home.
Where are my manners: Welcome to the site. Looking forward to the pics.

why plug the decompression valve. Ur just going to ruin ur flywheel and recoil parts it wont change performance one bit

50-60cc saws get along fine without a decomp valve. IMHO it's not needed unless you have a handicap pulling the recoil. I've seen plenty of 028/038 with lots of miles and original recoil parts except the rope.

I don't even use the one on my 066 w/o elastostart rope unless it has been sitting a long time.

I've never used the decomp on my 361, granted I've only had it 8 years. My saw has suffered no ill effects in that time. In fact it seems to me people who use the decomp on that particular saw have issues with flooding.

I say plug the thing, just one less potential problem.

My 350 is noticeably easier to start w/o the decomp valve open. I think it pulls fuel better with it closed. They are known to leak so deleting it isn't a bad idea.

Latest posts

Back