got a new saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWCS

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
hey all. after a battle on ebay i got myself a "good running" Echo CS-8000, a saw i have been wanting for over 7 years now.. its an old orange model and looks used and dirty, but not too bad. got it for $164 after shipping. did i get a deal? at 80.7cc it should do nice with the brand spankin new 20" oregon power match plus i have sitting here (that bar was going to be on my homelite XL-12) my 21cc echo brush cutter has taken commercial use and abuse running 9" oregon cobra blades since 1995 or so and just got its first carb rebuild, piston still looks NEW! love them echos.. heck i love most any stable brand.

heres the saw, what do you all think of it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3980914537

never owened the big one. but the 60 cc i had was sure an torquee saw.
the main thing u got what u wanted an had for a while. hope it turns out good for u.

Nice saw, I was going to bid on it when it was 46 bucks, but i went bowling and forgot. LOL. Congrats....Bob

i have one

I have the same orange style 8000. I like the saw a lot, it has a 28 inch full chisel and it pulls it nice and steady. It says something when they don't change a saw for 18 years not to many brands hold a model that long. My favorite is still the cs-670
Good luck with it
ERIK KING

the new 20" oregon bar for the XL12 is actually echo bar with D176 mount. actually fits the XL-12 better than a homelite bar, and oil holes match 100%. the 20" orig homelite brand bar that was on my XL-12 had an insane amount of up/down movement at the end.. tried this echo mount bar and near zero slop. even uses the same amount of drivers as the homelite bar. got the oregon bar from a friend that had it as an unused spare for his john deere 51SV (echo 510)

dedcow said:
the new 20" oregon bar for the XL12 is actually echo bar with D176 mount. actually fits the XL-12 better than a homelite bar, and oil holes match 100%. the 20" orig homelite brand bar that was on my XL-12 had an insane amount of up/down movement at the end.. tried this echo mount bar and near zero slop. even uses the same amount of drivers as the homelite bar. got the oregon bar from a friend that had it as an unused spare for his john deere 51SV (echo 510)

The XL-12 uses a D196 mount the Echo CS8000 uses a D176. I have a supply of D176 20" bars for the CS8000.

Bill

im not sure if i will repair the chain brake or not.. on my husky 181 i removed all the brake parts to insure zero drag.. the same with the 044 that ended up sold to fishhunt. (handle was busted off the 044 anyway) the CS-8000 will be a med-large wood saw with a 20-24" bar, with my husky 181/288 being the real big wood saw with a 32-36" bar

Ive got the 8000 thats gray but looks just like that one .Mine pulls 28 bar ok.If I had money to burn I would have it tweaked,But its not bad,Have a parts saw also.

Back