Got a new saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I didn't I got it from totally different elevation. Around 4000-6000 perhaps? Not that it should matter that much but just sounds like maybe someones hand slipped on your adjustments. Hope it runs great now though!

Witchys was perfect when it arrived (14,200rpm for run-in), richened it just a tad on the H after removing the spark arrester to get back to that number..........

...but regardless what you do with the L screw, it will not accellerate like the Husky xps or the MS361 - not that it matters much for allround use.

Last edited:
toddol1971; said:
I've been using echo 2 stroke oil which is the same as dolmar oil.

Dolmar's 2 cycle and Echo's 2 cycle mix ARE NOT THE SAME........ Dolmars oil is blended by Spectrum corp. and Echo is blended by Citco.. We now have Dolmars NEW synthetic oil in stock 50-1 ratio 1 gal mix and 2.5 gal mix and recommend it with the hi revving ps5100. So far it has proven to be worth the few extra cents per bottle.

Congrats on the new PS5100

Scott

Dolmar's 2 cycle and Echo's 2 cycle mix ARE NOT THE SAME........ Dolmars oil is blended by Spectrum corp. and Echo is blended by Citco.. We now have Dolmars NEW synthetic oil in stock 50-1 ratio 1 gal mix and 2.5 gal mix and recommend it with the hi revving ps5100. So far it has proven to be worth the few extra cents per bottle.

Scott

Thanks. I was told that they had the same manufacturer. Either way, the echo oil is semi syn & has the rating I need. I did have my throttle stay high today a few times trying to go back to idle. It would go away if I blipped the throttle. I suspected chips. I pulled the cover & found chips right by & under the throttle linkage. No biggie. I really like the saw though. Whats up with the oiler adjuster? Theres only like a 1/3rd of a turn. Do you need a smaller screwdriver, or is that all there is? Thanks Todd.

Dolmar Synthetic Oil

Scott

I just started using the Dolmar syn. that you sent me up Scotty. Seems to be really good stuff. VERY low smoke, seems that the saws are running smoother than ever. Your going to laugh, but consistently for the past week since I started using it, I start on exactly 1 less pull, lmfao. Weird eh? I reckon I'd recommend it to anyone. I'll be getting some more soon as we're cutting a bunch more... Good score on the Dolmar Synth. 2-stroke oil!!!!!

:cheers: eh?

best I can say, it smells kinda like gear lube if my wiffer is working right. It says synthetic blend low smoke. I was using amsoil & I like that stuff, but its hard to get & way expensive.

So far I love the saw. Its really smooth. Starts super easy. Reminds me of my 372xp except lighter. I was wondering before I got it if it should need a decomp button but no way, it dont need it at all. My dealer is an hour a way, but this guy is awesome. I have bought several things from him in the past & this guy is one in a million. He's been in business for 30 something years & lives next door to the shop. He sells dolmar, echo, exmark & simplicity. If you call the shop at 8:00 at night either him or his wife answers the phone at there house. NICE. She does the selling & is very knowledgeable. I wish they werent so far away but its better than not having a dealer, or having a crappy one. I bought a case for 35 bucks with it. I ride my quad alot & bring the saw with & if its not in a case it gets covered in mud. Thanks for the comments. Any questions, just ask. I've been using echo 2 stroke oil which is the same as dolmar oil. I've been using it for about 1 1/2 yrs, & seems pretty good to me, any one else using it? Todd.
A good dealer can make all the difference. I run grasshopper lawn equipment, he's an hour away but worth the drive everytime.

Latest posts

Back