Got me a new wood splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is an action shot. These are Beech and just over 3 ft in diameter.
MVC-019S_54.JPG

What happens when that round gets split? I'd love to see that on video.

Kevin, I'd love to see a build thread, I'm sure we're missing a lot of the neat little details that get overlooked when looking at the big picture.

Are the lifting tongs commercial or did you fab those too?

They are the ones Northern sells. I did tweak them a little and sharpen but they are great for the price. I'll tell you this as well, In everything I split i did NOT have a single chunk slip out. That even surprised me, they work really well.

I've looked at pictures of your powerwagon and now you splitter and I must say you do some very nice work. I would love to see them both in person someday (gtg). What is your profession? I too would like to see a build thread on it.

What happens when that round gets split? I'd love to see that on video.

Small chunk splits off onto table, move table out of the way. Sometimes what left will roll a little on tongs(still held by them because it's stationary, not like the flat ram pushing through a wedge would be. Split another 1/3 off onto oppisite side table and do the same as above. Split another manageable chunk off and swing the chunk on the tong out of the way and start splitting the stuff to final size. Nothing hits the ground till it's complete. It has worked really well in 20 plus cords now and won't go back. I don't have video stuff. I'm lucky to have a picture camera!

Very Impressive Fabrication skills and love the way its set up. I've rebuilt an old log splitter with a boom on it and love it, does everything I need it too, not as pretty as yours but someday I may build a new one from the ground up like you. Very nice!

That is one Killer of a Splitter..
I am going to have to wait a few weeks now, before I post any pics of the Splitter I just bought.

Latest posts

Back