Got my new 7900 last night!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timber Todd

Reaction score
Im a weekend warrior. Have cut firewood with my dad for 35years. He now has an outdoor furnace that eats 25 to 30 rick a year. Our chainsaw progression goes something like this; early 1980's crummy craftsman with somekind of selfsharpening thing that never worked, I was a kid and barely remember that saw other than that; then a Pioneer Farm Saw around 1984 which for us was one of the most dependable strong running & cutting saws in the world, gas oil & chains and a couple spark plugs is all that thing needed for 20+ years; 2006 Dolmar 5100 to replace the old Pioneer, have been very satisfied with the Dolmar, little lighter than the old pioneer, cuts just as good if not a tad better; 2012 Dolmar 7900-----MAN! what a bad a$$ saw! Went and stuck it in two different red oak logs last night (26-28 inchers). I actually thought the logs were rotten on first three cuts. Saw just blasted right through them. Shut it off and looked at the chips and looked normal, rolled them out an they were fine, it was just that much more powerful of a saw than I had ever experienced. Whacked both logs, 30footers probably, into furnace fodder in 15 minutes! I now realize why so many people have a "big" saw in their collection. Its not for everything but really does take the work out of larger wood. Have a 24" Husqi Bar, Oregon 3/8 .50" chisel on it. Also ran Tru-Fuel through it last night, first time with that stuff, its the only way I can get 0 ethanol, figure its a nice enough saw I might as well treat it nice too! Anyway, got the whole package from Brad Curtis at Curtis Outdoor products. Everything went perfect, couldn be happier, called him back today to go ahead an get maint. goodies, fuel filter, air filter, couple plugs an couple more chains...... Again Im just a weekender but I really like me new saw....and am 100% satisfied with Brad's service.. good prices to boot so we're all smiles!!!!

Back