Got the Dolmars out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me a saw is like a gun or good tool. I have to get the feel of it, handle it, and cut with one before buying one. Just like a gun if it doesn't fit or feel comfortable than it is worthless in my hand's, but maybe great in someone else's that is has a good fit for. With the weight comparison that's why I say if I was going 440-372, ms 460, 7900 size saw's I would check out the 390xp, because if the weight is accurate or close like claime'd to the 70cc, and mid 70cc than a no brainer for me 390xp.

Norm the 390 is around 16.7 lbs or so dry with half wrap. A 390 with full wrap and a 660 with 3/4 wrap weigh within a 1/2 lb full of fluids and a 32" rw bar on them. I want to say it was around 25 lbs and the 390 was a touch heavier. It does hold more fuel mix so the people arguing a 390 is lighter is just by a few ounces. They do feel balanced better to me than the 660. The 7900s are a touch lighter than a 372xpw. The2171 I weighed in around 14.2 lbs with dawgs and completely dry before ever fueling.

The Solo 681 comes in at.

702614990_SWUXf-M.jpg

The early 7900's came in at 13lb 10oz and this was verified at the time with a pic I can't seem to find, not sure what the newer ones without the heated handles really weigh.

The new 441 weighs at least a pound more than my 7900 likely more, this is just from feel now, not a hard number. When the 576AT gets here I'll get them all on a scale.

Norm the 390 is around 16.7 lbs or so dry with half wrap. A 390 with full wrap and a 660 with 3/4 wrap weigh within a 1/2 lb full of fluids and a 32" rw bar on them. I want to say it was around 25 lbs and the 390 was a touch heavier. It does hold more fuel mix so the people arguing a 390 is lighter is just by a few ounces. They do feel balanced better to me than the 660. The 7900s are a touch lighter than a 372xpw.

All of this 7900 talk is killing me. I've always wanted one but when I hear all of this good juju it makes me want to order one right now. Where would you guys purchase the HD kit, if you had no local source?

Mdavlee, so a little heavier than advertised eh? The 681 caught my eye a long time ago in Bailey's. I hear they don't hold up in the wood's true? Mean looking saw.

I have about 20 saws I have cleaned and weighed.....and the 7900 is about 6 ounces heavier than a 372, but will put a serios spanking on it, stock.

..... .

That sounds about right, if that 372 have the HD air filter (like most of them do in the US, but it really is an option).

Just a reminder - all scales aren't equal, weighting saws on different, and comparing the results, can lead to "funny" results! :msp_w00t:

Back