Gotta Love Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czeigler

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Old old chain saws for sale (New Freedom, PA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-04-14, 3:31PM EDT

I have like ten or more old old chain saws that i have in my garage that i have collected over the years, some of them runs and some of them are just from the 1920's and 30's. I dont know how much they are worth but i am not gonna give them away for nothing, if i dont get a good price on them i wll just keep them. i have one from the 1930's that is 6 feet long and is a two person chain saw. that one is worth well over $1000 and will not let it go for under that. they are a piece of history so if you are a antique collector than they are antique.

:cheers:

Craigs

only thing I've noticed on Craigs is ALOT of friggin' injuns trying to scam people... Seems like more all the time. They had me interested in a Kubota the other day till I figured it out...

:chainsaw:

Well I would sure like to see the saws he has from the 1920's. I belive he/she if off by a few decades.

Bill

I have sold an awful lot of stuff on Craigslist recently - it is amazing how fast people call and come get things. Sometimes I have sold something in as little as two hours. If the item is good and a bargain - chances are it will go very quickly and you may never see it.

I do want to warn you however that there are a lot of scammers on Craigs List. If you post something on Craigs List and get replies that say: "I am interested in your item - do you still have it?", or " I am interested in your item, What is my price?" - Do Not Respond. They do not actually get to see your email address until you respond as the listing and first email go through Craigs List. If they don't specifically state what you are selling they appear to be responding to every listing to get email addresses for some unknow reason (spam mailing lists, adresses to spend spam to/from). I made the mistake of responding to one that appeared to be legitimate and suddenly am getting lots more spam than I use to - some of it is returned to me as "undeliverable" as if I was the one sending it!

Last edited:
Hey Cisco,
I was checkin out that Kubota also. Smelled like fish from the moment I read it. Seems like the CL rippoff crew is working it good on both coasts.

Hey Cisco,
I was checkin out that Kubota also. Smelled like fish from the moment I read it. Seems like the CL rippoff crew is working it good on both coasts.

There was a nice Kabota in my area also, $3900 for 23hp Tractor, loader, and backhoe attachment. ONLY 109 hours. seemed pretty cheap price!

Thats the one!!!! It was listed in Oregon but when I emailed, they returned it from Texas with some story about a guy heading to Iraq and needed the cash soon. It was like a 'send the money and i'll ship the tractor' kind of thing. Do ya think anybody's that stupid? uhhh. I take that back......

Thats the one!!!! It was listed in Oregon but when I emailed, they returned it from Texas with some story about a guy heading to Iraq and needed the cash soon. It was like a 'send the money and i'll ship the tractor' kind of thing. Do ya think anybody's that stupid? uhhh. I take that back......

Yep BS, list it where someone can come and pick it up and/or see it. Obviously no one will ship before they have the money and so they hope to get a mark too go for the fabulous deal and send the price. Items like that, I need to see em first hand.

Hello,

I'm Sgt. Steven Wilson. The tractor is in mint condition, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions. Serial Number: LV3320H131103.

I am in the Canadian Forces and I was sent with my unit for peace maintenance in Croatia/Europe. Right now I am in Rijeka.

Only 150 hours currently on the tractor (subject to change slightly, as I will be using it for small yard projects). This is a great tractor and comes with the following attachments:
448 Backhoe, 300 CS Frontloader, LX5 Rotary Cutter (Mower), 7' Rear Blade, 665 5-1/2' Tiller, 6' Box Blade, Post Hole Digger w/9" Diameter Auger, Forklift, I-Match Quick Hitch, Heavy-Duty Aluminum Canopy

Equipped with industrial tread tires to reduce damage while providing traction. Tires are calcium filled. Front loader mechanism is detachable from tractor. 6' front loader blade is quickly detachable from loader arms and the forks can be attached easily. Backhoe is a curved arm 448 with 8'9" of reach. All attachments are I-Match equipped for quick rear attachment changes, excluding post hole digger.
Tread width is 58-1/2" at widest tire bulge to fit in tight confines. Oil changed at first 50 hours per manual. Have all receipts and manuals.

The tractor is at eBay's Shipping Center in Vancouver/BC from where it will be shipped. They will handle the transaction for me. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the tractor. ONLY AFTER you receive the tractor and you inspect it (for 10 days) eBay will release the payment to me. In this way we are both protected.

Along with the tractor you will also receive all the documentation's required for registration. I will send you all the papers and documents (clear title, service records, owner's manual) and a notarized Bill of Sale signed by me and by a lawyer. This is a door to door transaction and from the moment the tractor will be at your door you will be in contact with the one in charge for shipping.
Since the tractor is at eBay I have to do the deal through them therefore you can be sure that it will be done smoothly.

The amount you will have to pay in order to own the tractor is $5200 with shipping costs and insurance included. I accept only PayPal and Bank Transfer as payment method.
Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them..

Looking forward to hear from you,
Sgt. Steven Wilson
Canadian Forces
Rijeka, Croatia

Sound familiar , our craiglist is not popular here but these guys post alot on kijiji ,always a similar story bobcat , kubota , rhyno etc , every now and then i'll email these guys and ask them one question at a time , when they tell me where the unit is going to be shipped from i tell them i have a relative close by that can inspect the unit for me they just stop sending emails :mad: it just makes me all sad :)

Back