Gotta love them flippy caps!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the love of god.

It appears to that time of the month when somebody starts an ****** thread about threaded vs. flip caps. Yes, the small oil caps can be a little trouble if you overfill the tank. BFD. Pull on the stupid thing before you assume it's tight. Hike up your skirt and stop crying. There's no crying in timber falling. If you're gonna piss and moan about it this much, buy a husky.

I'd insert the dead horse animation, but what I'd really prefer is a smiley bashing itself in the head with a 2x4 in order to capture my true feelings. :bang::bang:

First of all, I don't fall. Second, wearing a skirt would be too much bulk cuz it would have to go over the chaps. There is a problem with the caps besides not going on when overfilling. They (the cap itself) will twist out of the alignment or whatever they are supposed to be in, and will not snap closed EVEN IF THE :censored:TANK IS EMPTY. It will not go back in, until twisted back into shape, no matter what. I was ready to take a rock to it. :chainsaw:

I don't want to be finnaggling with a cap. I want to put fuel and oil in, get the cap closed, and get to work.

now im to scared to fill up my new 880. i dont have much of an edumakation how ever will i put the caps back on. maybe i mite be a lucky one who gets perfect caps that never :censored: up then again they may both give me grief. either way some people around here need to pull their heads out of their :censored: and listen to what others have to say, ive picked up some good points about what to look for and do with the flip caps and im very thankfull for that, the price i pay for stihl oil here i dont want to be wasting it on the floor. if threads like these annoy you dont read them! simple really and thats coming from a dopey high school drop out.

I wish they would have left well enough alone. But then again I like manual hand crank windows on a pickup truck too, maybe I'm too resistant to change.

Latest posts

Back