Grade my purchse?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is official, Jeff has spoken.

The bait is good but i'm not biting:laugh:

Maybe I was harsh and not wanting to be, I should just say,
Too many red flag's,
The whole thing seems strange,,
I quess it was the way the OP went into attack mode when asked question's.
I could change my mind tho if he took a 'Go-Pro'.
Jeff :msp_confused:

C'mon Jeff. It's gotta be legit if there are 7 different biners, a line mug, and 13 trees to top on a 70 degree hillside.
You just don't make this stuff up unless you are a scriptwriter for Seinfeld.

Maybe I was harsh and not wanting to be, I should just say,
Too many red flag's,
The whole thing seems strange,,
I quess it was the way the OP went into attack mode when asked question's.
I could change my mind tho if he took a 'Go-Pro'.
Jeff :msp_confused:

My guess is i probably wouldn't wanna watch anymore after all the throw bag were stuck.

C'mon Jeff. It's gotta be legit if there are 7 different biners, a line mug, and 13 trees to top on a 70 degree hillside.

Yeah plus its on the internet, its gotta be real.

Ha ha! Good one,,I may be wrong, but if he is for real he would prove it. I have met many site manager's that think our job can be done cheaper,, just make a shopping list and watch some you tube, bang!
Jeff

Someone did not get a Christmas bonus and is now trying to look good to the boss,, maybe.

Last edited:
Yeah plus its on the internet, its gotta be real.

images

I feel like Keanu Reeves in Point Break when he inadvertently pisses off all the surfers because he was so etiquette ignorant. My apologies. When I worked that summer with a bad@ass certified arborist he had me cleaning monster agrifolia and kelloggii, I don't remember having more than one throw bag, guess he had more in his truck. He spent a lot of time teaching me how to not davey tree and I still prune the way he taught me. I understand I'm asking you guys to help me take money out of your pockets but this site seemed pretty d.i.y. friendly from the other posts I've read. You are all bad @sses and this is an awesome industry I wish I had stuck with.

I feel like Keanu Reeves in Point Break when he inadvertently pisses off all the surfers because he was so etiquette ignorant. My apologies. When I worked that summer with a bad@ass certified arborist he had me cleaning monster agrifolia and kelloggii, I don't remember having more than one throw bag, guess he had more in his truck. He spent a lot of time teaching me how to not davey tree and I still prune the way he taught me. I understand I'm asking you guys to help me take money out of your pockets but this site seemed pretty d.i.y. friendly from the other posts I've read. You are all bad @sses and this is an awesome industry I wish I had stuck with.

That's what I would say!
You come off pretty condescending for a dude asking question's.
Anyway, I still think you are a Troll,,,sorry,
Jeff :msp_biggrin:

Live oaks were previously topped? Must look horrible. What diameter are the trunks? Age? Other than the tops being mutilated, are they healthy? Why not remove them if they are so in the way?

The house is on top of a volcanic knoll. It is mostly rock with very little soil so the trees seem to be stunted or dwarfed. Whom ever topped them previously did a decent job as they look natural still. Trunk diameters range from 15" - 24". The property would look worse if they were removed. When you look out from the terraces your views of the valley are now blocked from the trees so after these 13 I'll begin addressing some of the others. One of the many things I was never taught as it never arose; when you prune back to a previous cut would go to the next node on the truck side of the original cut? It seems like if you kept pruning in that manner you would eventually have a telephone pole.

I understand I'm asking you guys to help me take money out of your pockets .

I'm more than happy to refer work to you involving topping trees on grades steeper than 65 degrees! I've pretty much priced myself right outta that market.

How am I to know which biners I'll like if I only buy two?

It seems like if you kept pruning in that manner you would eventually have a telephone pole.

I don't think oaks respond well to telephone pole pruning, but maybe these are the kind that have built up some tolerance for the procedure. Please post before and after pics...please.

Back