Grade my purchse?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol What a #####. You're either a complete waste of space, too stupid to articulately convey your thoughts and feelings or just found out your wife is cheating on you... I am going with all three, and it's "you're" not "your". Thanks for the warm welcome.

No way man, he found out his wife was cheating on him years ago, but you can't expect him to be mad at his sister. :msp_w00t:

:popcorn:

....Is a fisherman's knot or clove hitch good to attach the throw weight?
One way I attach the throw weight is with a simple girth hitch leaving about 5 inches of tail. I do not fuse the end of the throw line, this way, if It gets stuck in the tree I can give it some persistent pulls and the tail will pull thru the girth hitch and drop the throw weight back to the ground so I can recover the throw line and try again. If I'm in the tree and do not want to run the chance of having my throw weight come loose, I will tie a bowline loop and girth hitch that to the throw weight. As you can see there are many ways to get the job done.

Girth hitch

One way I attach the throw weight is with a simple girth hitch leaving about 5 inches of tail. I do not fuse the end of the throw line, this way, if It gets stuck in the tree I can give it some persistent pulls and the tail will pull thru the girth hitch and drop the throw weight back to the ground so I can recover the throw line and try again. If I'm in the tree and do not want to run the chance of having my throw weight come loose, I will tie a bowline loop and girth hitch that to the throw weight. As you can see there are many ways to get the job done.

Girth hitch

Makes perfect sense, thank you. I'm about 10 pages into the Tree Climber's Companion. I'll quit asking questions until I've read it twice.

They have all been topped twice in the past 25 years for view's sake. We have had every type of business internet provider out here and this is the only option that will work/make sense. Although @om@ast said if we pay for them bury a line that would tie in 7 miles away we'd be good to go.

After being the telecom business for many years I can tell you that the computer geeks working for those internet service providers aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. Unless you have a permanent and clear line of sight, terrestrial microwave is going to be nothing but a headache. You can trim all you want but trees grow. When something pops up along the path you're going to be pulling your hair out finding it. What you suggest just isn't practical. As has been suggested either get them up higher to begin with or find another solution. You mention Comcast has offered to bury a line. You do realize that you don't have to have Comcast do it, you can hire your own contractor probably for less. I would suggest fiber, and does it really have to be buried all the way?

After being the telecom business for many years I can tell you that the computer geeks working for those internet service providers aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. Unless you have a permanent and clear line of sight, terrestrial microwave is going to be nothing but a headache. You can trim all you want but trees grow. When something pops up along the path you're going to be pulling your hair out finding it. What you suggest just isn't practical. As has been suggested either get them up higher to begin with or find another solution. You mention Comcast has offered to bury a line. You do realize that you don't have to have Comcast do it, you can hire your own contractor probably for less. I would suggest fiber, and does it really have to be buried all the way?

My understanding is the county is phasing out poles and you are no longer able to add to them. All new lines and large repairs are being trenched. Comcast is getting closer to us every year but are still 7 miles away and was 10 miles away two years ago. Even if it weren't for the line of sight connection the trees would still be compromised for the view. It sucks that everyone wants to build right up against the tree line, then massacre it so they can see what they moved away from.

Where is your link coming from? Doesn't sound like it's 7 miles away. It has to be from a building that already has internet service? How are the other utilities run- phone and electric and how far? I have used DSL equipment and the existing buried phone cable to piggy back the computer network and internet over to another building about a mile away. It is capable of 10+ miles of cable. Something to consider.

Where is your link coming from? Doesn't sound like it's 7 miles away. It has to be from a building that already has internet service? How are the other utilities run- phone and electric and how far? I have used DSL equipment and the existing buried phone cable to piggy back the computer network and internet over to another building about a mile away. It is capable of 10+ miles of cable. Something to consider.

Hey Grouchy, he is a troll,,
Jeff

The residence is on a volcanic knoll in the valley. Between two other larger knolls there is a clear shot to a tower on the mountain. I'm guessing in the 10ish miles away range. Nothing needs to be trimmed from that shot but from the residence to the winery is the shot that needs some pruning. Our other utilities come from the pole across the street.

The residence is on a volcanic knoll in the valley. Between two other larger knolls there is a clear shot to a tower on the mountain. I'm guessing in the 10ish miles away range. Nothing needs to be trimmed from that shot but from the residence to the winery is the shot that needs some pruning. Our other utilities come from the pole across the street.

You might save yourself a lot of future pruning if you remove some of the trees so you have a clear field of fire.

So then my wife isnt cheating on me? and its not my sister?

No, your wife isn't cheating on you with your sister, at least not yet.

I used to work with a guy who caught his wife in bed with another woman. He was furious. I never understood that, cause it's always been a fantasy of mine to catch my girlfriend in bed with another woman.

But I digress.

I'm not sure what a troll is but I'm pretty sure if you continually called me that in person it wouldn't turn out well for either of us. Be it as it may, in here you can and I'm sure will call me what ever you please.

I bet I could call you it in person too tough guy... lol Troll

here is a pic of me

43p88rv

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back