Greetings To All

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh well. I gave it a shot, but at least I didn't waste my money and get hurt all in one turn of the screw! Thank you again. My next endeavor is to look at a bigger saw. When I cut fire wood at elk camp, my 026 does fine. But there is something about frozen black oak that just seems to slow the cutting process down some. Perhaps I am just trying to justify a new saw! It's not much of a collection with just one saw!!

Oh well. I gave it a shot, but at least I didn't waste my money and get hurt all in one turn of the screw! Thank you again. My next endeavor is to look at a bigger saw. When I cut fire wood at elk camp, my 026 does fine. But there is something about frozen black oak that just seems to slow the cutting process down some. Perhaps I am just trying to justify a new saw! It's not much of a collection with just one saw!!

Every boy needs a 70....

I for one would like to see the video of a screw type mounted to an ice auger. I would at least mount it to a 3 point hitch post hole digger and let my buddy run the controls while I shot the video. I have lots of ideas and I usually bounce them off my wife and then she bounces them off my head.
I disagree with needing more than 1 saw. No one and I mean no one who only cuts wood for themselves needs more than I saw. Now those of us that sell a stick or two a year we need at least a dozen. Or in Uncles case he only needs one for each child he has.

I for one would like to see the video of a screw type mounted to an ice auger. I would at least mount it to a 3 point hitch post hole digger and let my buddy run the controls while I shot the video. I have lots of ideas and I usually bounce them off my wife and then she bounces them off my head.
I disagree with needing more than 1 saw. No one and I mean no one who only cuts wood for themselves needs more than I saw. Now those of us that sell a stick or two a year we need at least a dozen. Or in Uncles case he only needs one for each child he has.
i don't see an ice auger having anywhere near the torque required to split much of anything bigger than a few inches in diameter...

My stay here has just been cut short. I was browsing around and saw the thread about pictures. If a trappers pictures are not welcome, and me being a certified trapping instructor and state sergeant at arms, than this is where I must bid adieu. Thank you to those who cared and took the time to respond.

Hmm.. I'm a lifetime member of the Tennessee fur harvesters.. Reckon I need to leave also?

I understand where he is coming from but it's best to not deal in absolutes unless necessary. I understand the other side too

This is a site for everything arborist. If there was a big spread of trapping photos we would probably get trolled by PETA, etc. I think between the Pakistani hackers and the other groups Darin gets to deal with he doesn't need to deal with more complainers.

One must be Politically Correct. Something that is a work in progress for me. Oh well, it's just one of the rules of the site. I can live with that. I'm just very proud of all the hard work and volunteer hours we do at all levels. We most certainly do meet a lot of interesting people.

rafivecents re: his 2-cents...

My stay here has just been cut short. I was browsing around and saw the thread about pictures. If a trappers pictures are not welcome, and me being a certified trapping instructor and state sergeant at arms, than this is where I must bid adieu. Thank you

then he posted:

One must be Politically Correct. Something that is a work in progress for me. Oh well, it's just one of the rules of the site. I can live with that. I'm just very proud of all the hard work and volunteer hours we do at all levels. We most certainly do meet a lot of interesting people.

Backyard Lumberjacked chimed in with:

"so you are going to stay here on AS? since you posted recently, that seem a distinct possibility to me. personally, I for one... do hope you stay. trapping is a vertical activity to much of life in the bush. chain saws, firwood stacks... axes.... come with the territory. especially in AK. these days one cannot homestead much if at all there now, Parks Service, Foresty, Big Gov't... but, one can tent up almost anywhere's on a trapper's line. pick your mountain! pick your game! pick your big, beautiful huge lake!! go fish for the laker trout! etc... trapper's tents are very comfortable these days, heaters, insulation, etc. and very mobile. all sorts of adaptations one can come up with to legally be anywhere's there's game to trap. no doubt, well imo... someone with your background would have a lot of interesting things to comment about, share, etc that would be of interest to many here on the AS. come on!! give us a treat! ;) post up an avatar in your trapper's outfit. does it have leather fringes on the arms and leggings?.... just wondering :)

I bet if we ran a Poll on if 'we all' wanted you to stay or not, the ayes would have it! :cheers:

I have been told by many that with my hunting, fishing and trapping, if I ever went to Alaska I would not come back down. So I stay down here. I couldn't leave the grand babies so far away.

And yes, I will stick around. As I said before, there is an endless supply of information and good people here. So yur stuck with me!

The Great Outdoors!!!Post fishing, hunting and camping photos and stories. Please no trapping "talk" or photos. Only humane entries allowed.

So you can deceive a beast into getting it's mouth trapped in a hook and then lift the beast into the air so it's being supported entire by the hook in the mouth, but they don't want anything "inhumane" like trapping?? o_O:dizzy:

So you can deceive a beast into getting it's mouth trapped in a hook and then lift the beast into the air so it's being supported entire by the hook in the mouth, but they don't want anything "inhumane" like trapping?? o_O:dizzy:

you got it!!! or the deer shots, hanging or ageing, too. i noticed them. However, I am not inclined to want to get into the politics of this great site, the AS! but, I did want to say I had been thinking along the same lines you have brought up. thank you!

ok, back to the main wood related themes....

Back