Greetings To All

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been told by many that with my hunting, fishing and trapping, if I ever went to Alaska I would not come back down. So I stay down here. I couldn't leave the grand babies so far away. And yes, I will stick around. As I said before, there is an endless supply of information and good people here. So yur stuck with me!

>So yur stuck with me!

won't be the first time I been 'stuck'!! lol. j/k :)

don't feel too bad about staying down here in the lower 48... I have been to Alaska a few times and read quite abit about life in the bush up there... some to include the adventures of 'trappers'... it's an adventure not even too many seasoned, experienced trappers on 'the trapline' always relish... the beauty of the seaons are endless, and the challenges more than most are up to... for winter trap line running includes a life-style brutal at times by almost anyone's standards... ie, -40F and winds howling.... and that can be on a calm day!! lol :eek:

in Alaska... especially north of Fairbanks in the midsts of Freeze UP! by even the most comprehensive understandings... they redefine the word: cold!

It was mentioned before about anti's not liking it. And that is fine, we all have that right . One huge thing that ALL have is social media. One must be constantly aware of what the picture depicts. Folks that believe you should not cut down a tree may be offended if you are standing by the pile of firewood that you and your family got together and cut to keep them warm this winter. A huge catch of fish, or a successful hunting trip. The social media can be a good thing, or very damning.

It was mentioned before about anti's not liking it. And that is fine, we all have that right . One huge thing that ALL have is social media. One must be constantly aware of what the picture depicts. Folks that believe you should not cut down a tree may be offended if you are standing by the pile of firewood that you and your family got together and cut to keep them warm this winter. A huge catch of fish, or a successful hunting trip. The social media can be a good thing, or very damning.
I succesfully hunted wolf in the 2014 MN season. Should have seen the hate I got when the anti's got ahold of my picture from a hunting site.

It's amazing that terrorism is tolerated when in the name of a cause like animal rights.

I have sold a few animals to taxidermist.. Once I listen a possum for sale and apparently some branch of peta saw the listing.. Those idiots harassed me for months.. Made up emails and sent them to the local Cheif of police and my local game warden.. The police laughed at it but the game wardens fell for their lies hook line and sinker...

The very first wolf registered in modern times, was by a young girl. At the time, she was the Future Trapper's of Wisconsin president. It was tastefully done. Very no blood or gore. Just a young lady so proud of what she had accomplished. That young lady and her family was crucified for it. She is still very proud of her catch, but talk about taking the shine off of a new toy.
"Before we can grill it, we must kill it". Little Billy and Suzie are so far away from what goes on in the real world, that they are shocked and surprised when they are shown. Everything evolves, but not necessarily the way a person may want it. I deal with people who have a" strong opposing opinion" of mine in my chosen outdoor activity. But I still get a knee jerk reaction from time to time. That is what I did when I saw the "no trapping " on The Great Outdoors. I apologize for that.
Any whoo, I will be fabricating a splitter that we can be sent on site. I was raised by a great depression baby. Pa had the attitude, "why buy it when you can make it". Truer words have never been spoken.

In 3 days my picture had 59,000 views, 2,000 shares, and 6,000 comments.

Comments were very polarized. Either "hell yeah!" or "F you!" with very little in between.

The real peta wackos who wished death to my kids were something else.

In 3 days my picture had 59,000 views, 2,000 shares, and 6,000 comments.

Comments were very polarized. Either "hell yeah!" or "F you!" with very little in between.

The real peta wackos who wished death to my kids were something else.
I would say most of the guys and gals here support that other PETA organization--People Eating Tasty Animals:numberone:

PETA...phuck PETA!! Post up all pics of game and fish taken legally by states' regulations...whether it be muzzleloader, rifle, bow kill or trapping. What a crock of **** removing the mans' pics. If ya lookin for politically correct, find some liberal, cosmopolitan site to hang at. Enuff said.

A few years back, I had a jacket made out of plucked, sheared beaver. It is super soft, beautiful and very warm. Ii WS asked by someone what I would do if an anti spray painted it. 1 File an insurance claim 2 Go get some more and get another one made!
Forests are considered to be a "renewable resource". And it is true. So are critters.

A few years back, I had a jacket made out of plucked, sheared beaver. It is super soft, beautiful and very warm. Ii WS asked by someone what I would do if an anti spray painted it. 1 File an insurance claim 2 Go get some more and get another one made!
Forests are considered to be a "renewable resource". And it is true. So are critters.
I have a couple of fur hats. You see fur jackets here and there, mostly on older women. My first thought these days is "I hope nobody throws paint on you".

When I see ignorant folks dump paint on someone I have 2 immediate thoughts. The first is that they are ignorant but are responsible for their actions. The second is that an insurance claim may mean that they get to buy the next replacement coat for the "victim" by reimbursing the insurance. If more people were held responsible for their actions there would be less irresponsible actions IMO.

[QUOTE="Oldman47, post: If more people were held responsible for their actions there would be less irresponsible actions IMO.[/QUOTE]

a man could run for President and probably win... on a platform like that!! I am all for less irresponsible actions!!!

Back