groundies with phones, shyster drunk company owners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan, no offense man but you really need to lighten up! In this economy your attitude will only get you one place, out of work. With the stress level it seems you operate at, your due for a heart attack any day, do the world a favor, start working on your own, for yourself. This is the only way it sounds you will get along with the world.

Gloves I can see loading a chipper, but I always wear gloves, gotta keep my hands soft for the ladies :givebeer:. A Helmet would end up popping off more than saving you, besides, if you load the chipper properly you shouldn't have your head in striking area...

IDK about you Dan, but many of the HO's we deal with like to watch us while we work, whether its because they rarely see people working in tree's, running saws, or just because they think its cool... Some like to watch to make sure we don't kill flower beds or anything like that. They absolutely have a right to be there. If they are in the way they can be asked to move... If they don't, come back when they ain't home (we've done that more than once).

There's still NO excuse for swearing at the one paying you (directly or indirectly). You won't be getting any referrals from that HO if you start chewing them out...

Ho's chipping ain't good. Who's gonna pay the bill if they get sucked in. :greenchainsaw:

That would be a good way to discourage them without getting too snotty with them ,Tell them they have to pay you in advance first,because the last HO to help "went thru without paying"

I dont use a chipper,but have similar problems with HOs wanting to stand a few feet in front of the grinder.I just disengage the wheel,and offer them to come look standing next to me by the controls for a few seconds. They usualy go in the house then,and I can continue grinding.

Dan, no offense man but you really need to lighten up! In this economy your attitude will only get you one place, out of work. With the stress level it seems you operate at, your due for a heart attack any day, do the world a favor, start working on your own, for yourself. This is the only way it sounds you will get along with the world.

I don't think you know of what it is that you speak of. Take your advice, take yourself, and take the HO standing next to you and jump off a cliff.
After being batted around like that the gloves come off and nope, I don't give a rats ass bout nothing. You do the world a favor and apply more stringent policies, it seems you are lacking and are due for a major accident anytime.

Gloves I can see loading a chipper, but I always wear gloves, gotta keep my hands soft for the ladies :givebeer:. A Helmet would end up popping off more than saving you, besides, if you load the chipper properly you shouldn't have your head in striking area...

IDK about you Dan, but many of the HO's we deal with like to watch us while we work, whether its because they rarely see people working in tree's, running saws, or just because they think its cool... Some like to watch to make sure we don't kill flower beds or anything like that. They absolutely have a right to be there. If they are in the way they can be asked to move... If they don't, come back when they ain't home (we've done that more than once).

There's still NO excuse for swearing at the one paying you (directly or indirectly). You won't be getting any referrals from that HO if you start chewing them out...

Actually they don't, have the right to be there. Man, didn't any of you read my other post?
After hearing things like " hey, its your insurance" from company owners for years and years I realized that is actually was my insurance and the risk was being taken by me. My risk? My decisions? My actions? Yup, stand back if you are not part of the equation.
There are to many of you lollygagging idiots out there who assume that because you are an idiot I should be one too. *&^% off. You types are jokers bound to get someone hurt and they say " Hey, its your insurance" Go screw every last one of you.
sure tthey can watch, but not from under the tree like so many of you &^%$toons seem to be OK with.

i guess you panty wastes didn't read my post" seriuosly now". This crew with their lacking almost killed a HO the other week and are constantly busting stuff left and right. A guy has the right to get fed up and I guess if I was as desperate as some of you poor ^%$'s I would kiss more HO ass... but I am not and if I was I would do something else cause kissing anybody's ass was never my strong suit.
At 39 I make a very conscious effort. I do not break stuff, I don't put myself or others in jepordy and I certainly don't put up with a whole lot of crap. I don't care if a job takes longer, not busting my stuff or someone else's stuff and keeping people safe is what The Dan is all about.
I really hate those who see it differently than that and wish those people the worst.
Do it right, make it look good or go home.

Offense taken, now go pound it. Just imagine, you telling me what I need to do. That is precious babydoll.

Basically the way it is is that I have to pay for my own mistakes. Why the hell should I pay for everyone elses? Its not really mistakes that are in question here, its total lack of profesionalism and beleive it or not that is what I am.
One of the very first questions I ask a company owner who wants me to do some work is " Has anyone ever been killed on one of your jobs?" Am I a troll? You bet your sweet ass.

I like that Dan style.

I remember the old sign at the local garage that said "hourly rate $20, hourly rate if you help $40."

:)

Is that next to the other sign at the garage that says " The more clothing that comes off the lower the price gets." Aaah the putrid smell of sexism. I dated a girl in H.S. that knew more about cars and engines than most mechanics. Daddy raised her in the garage under the hood. Tina was a great gal and emasculated her share of fellas when it came time to figure out what was wrong by solving things in mere seconds while they were still scratching their heads. Summertime, 69 SS, Tina in daisy dukes and her top tied like Mary Ann's in Gilligan's Island, and a smidgen of grease. You can keep your pretty little princess, I like a girl who can get a little dirty.:clap:

HO chipping brush? Yeah that would be a BIG NO!

And as far as cell phones on job sites.
That's what God made truck dashes for.

When my help comes to me and says
"Hey Ray I lost my cell phone."
I tell them look on the dash of the truck,
if it ain't there I don't know what to tell ya.

When they tell me my phone is ringing. I tell'em..
Yeah it does that, now help him with that brush.
Cheetos-1.gif

Now who else wants to tell me to relax? Anyone?

Dave " The Duke" Greenfield was a big Jewish guy who had some issues. He would step out in front on a moving BMW filled with prep schoolers slam his fist on the hood and scream, "They built the ovens!" He was reffering to the car maker building ovens to burn people in WW2.
He got himself a job working the door at a nightclub. It was fun to watch him in action although I never partook in the antics. If someone was giving him grief he would calmly look the person in the eye and say " This job don't mean that much to me" I thought that was a good line but I lied...
One time I saw The Duke take a shot in the face and a brawl broke out, The Duke went down swinging in the middle. I was standing behind the bar on the other side of the room. I ran down behind the bar pushing the tenders out of my way put my foot on a beer cooler and dove over, I was flying face first at the brawl. I was flying so fast I scooped up a few people and we all went tumbling down the stairs.

Actually they don't, have the right to be there. Man, didn't any of you read my other post?
After hearing things like " hey, its your insurance" from company owners for years and years I realized that is actually was my insurance and the risk was being taken by me. My risk? My decisions? My actions? Yup, stand back if you are not part of the equation.
There are to many of you lollygagging idiots out there who assume that because you are an idiot I should be one too. *&^% off. You types are jokers bound to get someone hurt and they say " Hey, its your insurance" Go screw every last one of you.
sure tthey can watch, but not from under the tree like so many of you &^%$toons seem to be OK with.

And its *&^%ers like you who give tree men the a$$hole reputation. You're nothing but a tree climbing moron. Its not your insurance is it? Its the companies, the company you claim to hate to work for... Well if you really hate working for them, FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO WORK FOR! How hard is that? You tell me I'm an idiot but you've never seen me operate, so I'll give the same to you, difference is, I don't bltch out a HO and ruin any chance of return business, or referrals.

You never said the HO was standing under the tree, you said they were loading the chipper, so don't start changing your story.

Personally, I would have no problem teaching you a few things about being professional, but with an attitude like yours you'll be stuck in the bottom of the barrel for a long time to come, or at least until you grow up. Meanwhile, our company will continue to climb the ladder, and give and earn more respect.

i guess you panty wastes didn't read my post" seriuosly now". This crew with their lacking almost killed a HO the other week and are constantly busting stuff left and right. A guy has the right to get fed up and I guess if I was as desperate as some of you poor ^%$'s I would kiss more HO ass... but I am not and if I was I would do something else cause kissing anybody's ass was never my strong suit.
At 39 I make a very conscious effort. I do not break stuff, I don't put myself or others in jepordy and I certainly don't put up with a whole lot of crap. I don't care if a job takes longer, not busting my stuff or someone else's stuff and keeping people safe is what The Dan is all about.
I really hate those who see it differently than that and wish those people the worst.
Do it right, make it look good or go home.

And this post is just as bad as the last... I'm with you 110% on not breaking things and being safe. I'm not kissing homeowner ass I'm showing respect for the man putting money in my pocket, maybe in your 39 years you haven't learned about respect. Obviously if you wish the worst on anyone you don't really care about the "greater good" of the tree business.

If you really hate these punks you work with, quit already, because #####ing to us ain't gonna help your situation is it?

If you're as good as you say you are you'll have no problem finding a better crew to go work for.

And its *&^%ers like you who give tree men the a$$hole reputation. You're nothing but a tree climbing moron. Its not your insurance is it? Its the companies, the company you claim to hate to work for... Well if you really hate working for them, FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO WORK FOR! How hard is that? You tell me I'm an idiot but you've never seen me operate, so I'll give the same to you, difference is, I don't bltch out a HO and ruin any chance of return business, or referrals.

You never said the HO was standing under the tree, you said they were loading the chipper, so don't start changing your story.

Personally, I would have no problem teaching you a few things about being professional, but with an attitude like yours you'll be stuck in the bottom of the barrel for a long time to come, or at least until you grow up. Meanwhile, our company will continue to climb the ladder, and give and earn more respect.

yes it is my insurance, I am a contract kind of guy. Why? Cause loose guys can't keep their fingers on me. Its my ropes and my saws, my rigging equipment. WHY? Cause loose guys don't keep up on thier equipment.
Why do I do it like this? Cause there are so many loose guys out there.
The chipper was under the tree MORON.
Finding half decent companies is not the easiest thing in the world. Respect? I need that first, screw you.

You guys are funny as hell. As a home owner, I don't understand the desire to help. I'm paying YOU to do it. I'll pull up a chair, grab some iced tea and watch from a safe distance. Maybe it's because the more I learn about wood and trees the more I understand that these wonders of nature are farkin dangerous.

So here is what I get the HO to sign in most cases when my company takes a job. You can see there is NO FINE PRINT. I am not screwing around here, I don't see how its possible to do so.
I don't think people walking up to crew members involved in their work is very respectable. I do have a lot of respect for everybody.
You might see that I am one who puts his money where his mouth is if you can read line five. My slogan is " satisfaction is gauranteed or its free", I have not satisfied anyone of my clients unless it was on purpose.
This stuff is very big to me, all of it. Now you tell me more about respect if you please.

disclamer.jpg

You guys are funny as hell. As a home owner, I don't understand the desire to help. I'm paying YOU to do it. I'll pull up a chair, grab some iced tea and watch from a safe distance. Maybe it's because the more I learn about wood and trees the more I understand that these wonders of nature are farkin dangerous.

Yeah well that's good but you just keep yor butt in that chair cause you making me liable for your life is not included in the proposal.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back