GTG saw box

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, it looks like the upper level 'tray' doesn't have suspension glides on it, just cleats above and below to keep it from tipping? Is that right?

Can you drive it home with the flaps open to blow all the chips off of the saws?

Looks nice. I like the way you adapted your open trailer to do this.

Philbert

The drawer sets on 1/4" thick vinyl runners. Didn't want it moving too easy and have to secure it while moving.

Your right about the board above it to keep if from tipping if you pull it out a bit too far.

I can give you some ideas for security that you can hear in your motel room IF somebody was going to try and break in while sleeping. Used to do this with those $1500 to $3500 apiece race saws in haul at races when we had a truck bed full. :msp_wink:

If your idea was to lock a rabid pit bull inside it at night, never mind, we already thought of that one. :hmm3grin2orange:

well?:question:

Its Kevin being Kevin, Jerry and its a secret.

Well, maybe............HF has a trailer frame with 12" tires for $221 and a 20% coupon would be great, sorta a dedicated trailer.....

40-1/2" x 48" Small Utility Trailer - 1090 Lb. Cargo Capacity

Well that's a bit small, our goal was not to have to remove a bunch of bars and chains everytime out with them.

This box is right at 5' wide and it aint none too big really.

If all your taking to the GTG's are your Wild Things and such, that might be fine. :laugh:

When you are on a budget for a alarm system for the shop. Works great there too. Use 2 of them for bigger shops in a T set up. :msp_tongue:

Just nice to have the mind at ease when the shop is walking distance away from your house or when all your saws are outside in the truck. :msp_thumbup:

Trust me you will sleep better knowing.

Who's going to be the first to convert an old school bus into a GTGmobile?
You could have saw storage, and work bench, a place to sleep, a fridge and a crapper.
Heck, you could move in!

Dangit, you had to give me another idea........crap

I was thinking that when I saw this... .

Gillig RV / Bus - Low miles

I might just pull this trailer this fall to the Poulan GTG with a class C motorhome. That will work too!

Back