gutless turd?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man! I have cut with a few dull chains but never that bad. In spite of what the chips looked like it had to be dull. If 'only a few hours' on it it must have been used in quarry stone.

I particularly like the constant jazzing of the throttle. Sure does impress me.

Harry K

C'mon guy's, at least he was dressed for the occasion!

That was the first thing that crossed my mind. Why do people cut with chainsaws wearing shorts, that is so stupid. I have seen worse when it comes to dull chains, at least he made some progress. That tree looked like it would have leaned back on his saw if he ever got to the back cut part. We will never know.

Larry

Darn good thing he's wearing shorts having to cut off the rest of a pant leg would only waste time for re-attaching his leg.:dizzy: Got's da be the operator i've used 036's with no problem like he's got that chain is definitely dull or thats IRON-WOOD.

Darn good thing he's wearing shorts having to cut off the rest of a pant leg would only waste time for re-attaching his leg.:dizzy: Got's da be the operator i've used 036's with no problem like he's got that chain is definitely dull or thats IRON-WOOD.

Iron-wood , nah , that was one of those scummy hybrid Popular that grow quick and then die. That 36 should have walked right through that tree. Very softwood, full of water and pulpy, Yuck , I hate cutting Popular of any kind.

Larry

that saw sounds like it has about 90 psi compression,when you watch these you tube videos it is a wonder more people don't hurt themselves with saws.

:confused: ok can some one explain that

Simple physics trick. The beer is super-cooled in the freezer. For ice to form, it needs something to start from. The same way snow is formed. The beer is well below freezing, but with it undisturbed in a clean bottle, there's nothing to allow a crystal to form until the tap (or a shake or splash) and will cause a single ice crystal to form on a microscopic bubble, and from there, it's a chain reaction.

Sorry to say Stihl guys, the saw has nothing to do with it. :hmm3grin2orange:

Try it, have fun. Just don't let it in the freezer too long, (1/2 to 3 hrs max) because if it does flash over in there, it will eventually break the bottle.

Yeah what he said. My brother happened to be over and I showed him that and he knew how it was done. I didn't understand it. He tried to explain it scientifically.

Evan

that was a link on his ebay ad.

Why did he bother to even post that on youtube?
That was funny to watch.
Makin' that Stihl look good.:hmm3grin2orange:

yes he is selling it.

to be honest i always liked the 036.i just has to poke the stihl guys.they haven't gotten enough abuse lately.

You don't need to get your wallet out. No payments till 2008 dude!!!!!!!!!!!

Pictures speak volumes. I can barley see the screen on the air filter.

Simple physics trick. The beer is super-cooled in the freezer. For ice to form, it needs something to start from. The same way snow is formed. The beer is well below freezing, but with it undisturbed in a clean bottle, there's nothing to allow a crystal to form until the tap (or a shake or splash) and will cause a single ice crystal to form on a microscopic bubble, and from there, it's a chain reaction.

Sorry to say Stihl guys, the saw has nothing to do with it. :hmm3grin2orange:

Try it, have fun. Just don't let it in the freezer too long, (1/2 to 3 hrs max) because if it does flash over in there, it will eventually break the bottle.

True. Same thing would have happened if he simply opened the beer only it would have shot foam everywhere.

He really knows his PPE, he thinks it means Peppys Picnic Ensemble.

Had to look at a few of the other vids
on you tube.
Heres another good one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrorNY7zUOA&mode=related&search=
This guys gonna end up hurtin himself.
His wife better tell him to put that big machine away:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Do you believe people put this crap on the internet for the whole world to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a good one I almost spilled my beer watching him sneak up on the twig.... I use PPE but those must have been his dads gloves take another look at those fingers, They look 2 inches to long for his hands
....:popcorn:

I personally like the chainsaw outfit dude is sport'n. It's amazing what you can learn from 'youtube.' All this time I've been wearing pants, boots and other protective gear--getting sweaty and hot!!!! Now I know!!:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I'm not buying it. Something has just got to be set up wrong there. The HS setting must be way off. First thing I thought was the chain must be wacked, but like PetrolHead said, the chips were looking OK. Can we blame EPA here perhaps?

The guy wasn't doing any favors for Stihl by posting that. Maybe he's a Husky fan just trying to make it look bad? ;)

I can promise it's not the saw, I've been on 036's for years thinning forests, 036's are powerful chainsaws, they don't let you down very often, when they do it's just worn parts, but the 036 in that vid, the motor seems sick and weak, it's seemed struggling to rev out, even unloaded, the chain almost sounded like it was cranked tight. The oil sounds as thick as treacle and the way it struggled to pick up from idle, seemed lean and stifled at the same time, and the way it died when the chain loaded up, something wrong there. If thats poplar, the leaves look similar, then it's soft as marshmallow, and the trees alive goin' by the green sprouts. The chain has to be blunt as hell even though theres some chips flyin' probably hit wire or nails before, mangled the whole length of one row of teeth and blunted the other row too, all and all a f**# disaster.

Latest posts

Back