Had to say goodbye to my little girl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a dog lover. Had as many as 13 when we were rescuing them. We still have 9. The only bad day of owning a dog is the day you have to say goodbye. I understand your pain. Sorry for your loss.

I know how u feel, we had to put down molly (dalmatian) after 14 years, i stayed with her
to the end, it was to much for my wife, she had to leave the room, i have instructed the
kids to put her ashes with us and spread them over the lake, we said we would never get
another dog but a lady up at walmart lot had boxer pups, well u know the rest we now
have a boxer 3 yrs old and she is a great dog, named her holly since we got her close
to christmas, wouldn't it be great if people were as loving and forgiving as our pets...

Best wishes from our house to yours...

Bob....

I'm 55 & had dogs all my life. Every time I have to bury a best bud I end up crying like a kid. It is one of the toughest losses in life because dogs love ya & never judge ya. Reflect on the years and years of companionship & it will always bring a smile to your face.

Im sorry for your loss.. Your pal is waiting for the day you will meet up again.. I'm sure she has many buddies to play with. I commend you for being a great gaurdian of a wonderful dog.

I still can't get over how young she was, 3 years is just way too short a time for a friend like that.

Yup, your right. But that little girl loved more in her 3 years on this earth than I have in 31 years. I have vowed to learn from her lead, and show others in my "pack" how much I love them. I think that it is the best way to honor her.

She was not the smartest little labbie, but she sure had that love and devotion thing figured out. Damn it hurts, but sharing how awesome she was with others makes it feel better.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Had to put down my best friend after 14 years and said I'll never get another dog. Took the better part of another 12 years before I said yes to a pup. Besides for the color, this new girl is a carbon copy of the other one.

There is a reason they call them "Man's Best Friend" When it comes to our pets, I sometimes wonder.... Who is training Who in the process in life. I always tell my wife that our pets do not belong to us; they were given to us to take care of and enjoy until the one above calls them back. For you it was a great loss but your Millie is now being enjoyed by someone else who needed her more than you. Everything in life has a purpose and sometimes it is not for us to question his works.

Take Care

i had to put down my german shepard, max, after 11yrs. he was the best friend i ever had. sorry for your loss.

Yup, your right. But that little girl loved more in her 3 years on this earth than I have in 31 years. I have vowed to learn from her lead, and show others in my "pack" how much I love them. I think that it is the best way to honor her.

She was not the smartest little labbie, but she sure had that love and devotion thing figured out. Damn it hurts, but sharing how awesome she was with others makes it feel better.

You couldn't be more correct. One of my dogs, my shepard mix, has brain issues. The vet has actually told me that he would diagnose her as mentally retarded. She has seizures and all, the type where she spaces out more minutes at a time, and a few violent ones every now and then. But that has been the most loyal and loving dog I think I've ever had. She knows nothing but how to follow me night and day. She is so scared to be in trouble that I never have to be cross with her. It's kind of funny, she knows she's not supposed to get on my wife and I's new bed so she will wait until I am asleep and jump up and force herself under the covers to cuddle next to me. Sometimes the simple ones are the best. I will truly be lost when her number is called.

Very sorry for you and the rest of the pack as you fill the hole left by Millie. I've had many dogs in my life, and lost many, all in sad ways. But none of those dogs were as close to me as the one who spent every day with me for the last 4 years. I cannot imagine how it would feel to lose my current partner.

You were right, there are a load of like minded folks who read, and post here. Bless your family with great memories.

Geezz after reading your opening post Phantom I am not so sure that I won't be thinking of Millie everyday for the next couple of weeks. Sorry for your loss just doesn't seem enough but it is the best I can do.

Sorry for your loss. My dogs break my heart every time one of them goes. Remember that another pup will come along and steal your heart and fill your life with their unconditional love.

I read phantomblack's post shortly after he posted this morning. I'll admit i teared up, then i went and hugged and cuddled my female yellow lab mix, Sadie. The good ones dont come around often enough. RIP Millie.

I couldn't even finish reading your post. I'll have to come back and finish reading it later. Been there done that and I'll have to do it a few more times unfortunately before I'm done. Sorry for your loss and I glad she's not in pain anymore...it's not easy doing what you gotta do.

My dog is literally my best friend. I cant imagine what i will do when that day comes

Sent from me to you using my fingers

Latest posts

Back