Halifax County, VA Heritag Festival Pics & Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys we had a blast up there today, hope to get to do it again soon. Dean thanks for the invite it was lots of fun. Stinkbait tell the Boss Lady thanks again for filming LP's big saw for us. Take care of that hand. It was great to meet Mr. Seven Oaks all super nice folks and great fellowship. Hope everybody makes it home safe.

I had a blast, and I slept like a rock when we got home.
Thanks for havin us up, I know we dont have the greatest cutting older saws, but I had a good time anyways.

Stinkbait, you think you should start a new thread for the pictures?

I had a blast, and I slept like a rock when we got home.
Thanks for havin us up, I know we dont have the greatest cutting older saws, but I had a good time anyways.

Stinkbait, you think you should start a new thread for the pictures?

Zack,
I've been wondering the same thing. I suppose our moderators could be consulted on whether we should start anew or continue to use this thread. I'm good with using the same old thread.
We're gonna have to WORRY THE CRAP out of Stinkbait to get the vids up. He's gonna be dragging his feet;I just know he is.
And his SP125 overpowers my ported 066 very easily since he changed the carb on it. It might have been close otherwise. He may even have other tricks up his sleeve. You know "he makes his own Stinkbait".
We had one helluva show in my opinion! You and Smillin Possum were an essential part of the entertainment with the full use of the 6' bar and I thank you more than you know. Thanks go out also to 7OAKS and his delightfull bride Ginger,for showing off the Contra and the monster 090. JT78 contributed with some Killer Modded Huskys and that ever-sweet and swollen
7900. His XL-925 is nothing to sneeze at either! David and Caroline Harsh came from Amelia Va. with what I assume is as nice of a display of vintage saws as can be seen anywhere. His Poulan collection alone is worth coming to this show to see and I'm very apprciative to them for their help the last two years.
Stinkbait has all the vids in his possesion,so we'll see them here as soon as he puts them on. Thanks again to all for their time and expense to come and astound the good people of Halifax Co. with their extra-nice saws.
Igpoe:cheers:

Thanks Dean. It was a pleasure. I enjoyed the whole show. I was looking through the camera and there are lots of pictures of cars and tractors.

Ill be dragging my feet on the couple of vids I have also, Ill have to find a computer to use(one with better service)

It was nice meeting David and 7oaks and the women folk that put up with them :D
They both have some very nice saws. Thanks all of you for feeding the CAD. Plenty of saws to keep on the lookout for list.

I had a good time this weekend, other than the fact that I got sunburn and couldn't run any saws. I did get too meet a new member, 7Oaks, who is a nice guy. I hope that he will be able to come down again soon. We had a real good turn out and plenty of wood to cut. We did miss 67Mustang this time around. It won't be very long and we will be at it again down at SP's place. I hope to start on posting some videos this evening. I don't think that we got a whole lot due to the camera filling up so fast, but we will see.

I had a good time this weekend, other than the fact that I got sunburn and couldn't run any saws. I did get too meet a new member, 7Oaks, who is a nice guy. I hope that he will be able to come down again soon. We had a real good turn out and plenty of wood to cut. We did miss 67Mustang this time around. It won't be very long and we will be at it again down at SP's place. I hope to start on posting some videos this evening. I don't think that we got a whole lot due to the camera filling up so fast, but we will see.

Hated not being there, Mitchell. Dean kept rubbing it in, but I just couldn't pass up a trip to see my Poulan buddies. Been waiting for them to get that one together for a year. We had a great time up there as well. I'll see ya'll down at Possum's. Check out some of the fun we had in Ohio. Video's are starting to come in.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=133892&page=9

Hated not being there, Mitchell. Dean kept rubbing it in, but I just couldn't pass up a trip to see my Poulan buddies. Been waiting for them to get that one together for a year. We had a great time up there as well. I'll see ya'll down at Possum's. Check out some of the fun we had in Ohio. Video's are starting to come in.

Yea but you missed out on this
attachment.php

:jawdrop: :biggrinbounce2:[

Glad you had a good time Steve

Wow, just read the whole thread:) The pic of the big old husky with the 6' bar and that huge old log are SWEET!!!

Looking forward to the other pics as they get posted :cheers: and :clap:

Looks like a fun time to say the least:clap:

Bill

new post

Hey guys...I'm going to start a new post for the photos and videos. I think more people will pick up the thread if they know it is all new pics. I'll post a link here when it is up...

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE NEW THREAD WITH IMAGES AND VIDEOS...MORE TO COME IN TOMORROW...

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=135281

Last edited:
Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking it is about time I should Bump this thread as I'm looking for ALL the former participants to show and those new ones who said they'd show to get their saws together and be there.MAY 7 Gary, Rick, Michael,Johnnie, David, John, Steve, Zach, Joe, Mitchell, Mark, Dean, Justin, Ginger and Carl. Hope you will be there before 10 am on Sat. the 7th, cuz that's when the big show starts, at least on Sat. And anybody else who wants IN,COME-ON The boss says ALL are welcome. Big wood, little wood, we'll have wood! Good eats and other things to see besides saws! SEE vids and stills!

As much as I would love to be able to be there I am unable to get off work, but I am in the process of trying to get another job where I will have more time off. If I get this job you will all be seeing and hearing from me much more often.

Dean,

I have it on the calendar, but it is the same day as graduation at the University of Richmond where my wife teaches. I hope that I will be able to make it, but with fewer saws than I brought to Rick's as my trailer is full of other stuff and I am not going to unload it.

Gary

I am planning to be there early on the 7th. Glad the "big day" is the 7th, my mother would never forgive me if I went out on Mother's day to play with chainsaws.

Yep, you'd better be the one she's always bragging on or her wrath may be more than you can handle. We all know what kind of trouble we'd be in if we screw-up Mothers' Day.
I'll be at the fest on Sunday, but only long enough to say I was there.

Dean...

Turely sorry but doubt we'll make it this year. We've been traveling a lot the past few months and now have to get the WV and VA places straightened out before we head to Montana for three months. Life is just too busy when you are retired...:hmm3grin2orange: Would love to bring the Contra S and show it off.

Dean...

Turely sorry but doubt we'll make it this year. We've been traveling a lot the past few months and now have to get the WV and VA places straightened out before we head to Montana for three months. Life is just too busy when you are retired...:hmm3grin2orange: Would love to bring the Contra S and show it off.

I've heard retired people say they don't know how they ever found time to work. But, I'm still willing to try it someday!. We'll surely miss y'all, but if somethings happens to free you up just come!. Put us on your calender for next year, or anytime!

Dean,

I will need to take a rain check on this as well. My wife has a job interview in Kentucky next Friday and we are heading out on Thursday morning and will not be back until late on Sunday. Sorry to miss it, but hopefully there will be pictures posted so I can see what I missed.

Gary

Latest posts

Back