Happy birthday to me!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
066blaster

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
I wonder if all the premium by me is e free. Most pumps say may contain 10% ethanol. But maybe the premium never did. I have been getting gas here over the last 10 years and this is the first I seen of the sign. It's right on a snowmobile trail guessing that's why they got the big sticker.

srb08

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
E free is good to find.
I found a station last year that sells it as well. Only problem is that it's 50 miles away. I always get at least 25 gallons when I make the trek.

066blaster

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
I think if you put some in a glass jar and add water. Shake it up and it will draw out the ethanol if you end up with more watery looking stuff than you added it's got alcohol in it.

066blaster

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Or maybe ask the owner or manager. I know some counties by me have to use different blends because of pollution. This station is just across the county line. It's cheaper too.

TBrown

TBrown

more saws than I need
I think if you put some in a glass jar and add water. Shake it up and it will draw out the ethanol if you end up with more watery looking stuff than you added it's got alcohol in it.
That's what you do. Take glass jar. Some water.. Mark the water level on the jar. Add suspect gas and shake. If the level of the water rises then you know ethonal was in the gas. They make graduated jars for this purpose that will tell you the percentage of ethonal in the gas.